71 King Street
PO Box 123
The mission of United Way of Hampshire County is to engage and inspire the people, employers, and organizations of Hampshire County to give, advocate, and volunteer on behalf of our community. Our vision is that all individuals and families have the tools and resources to reach their full potential through education, economic security, and wellness. Lifting together, we build strong, vibrant, and inclusive communities.
The Development Coordinator is an important member of the Resource Development team at United Way of Hampshire County, responsible for management of the donor database and supporting workplace campaign, donor relations and community investment efforts.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for managing the donor database, processing all gifts and pledges, mail merges, and supporting the donor relations and workplace campaign efforts for a small but busy office. The Development Coordinator will coordinate with all senior staff to contribute to the administration of our data as a key component of our fundraising and program efforts. Other work includes general administrative tasks, check processing, filing, and taking meeting notes and minutes.
Campaign & database management (50%)
· Manage donor database (Donation Tracker), including updates, data entry systems, gift and pledge processing, reporting, and acknowledgments.
· Identify and implement systems to ensure the integrity of the database.
· Ensure data accuracy.
· Work closely with Finance department to reconcile gift records
· Primary liaison with database customer support. Work with customer support to design new reports as needed.
· Produce analytical reports
· Prepare acknowledgments and receipts for all donations
· Write copy to be used for acknowledgements, appeals and postcards.
· Maintain best non-profit and donor relation practices.
· Manage Development department files.
· Prepare donor appeals and other mailings
· UMACC campaign: Meet weekly with a representative from UMass Office of Community Relations (winter-spring). Serve as primary liaison to UMACC staff during campaign. Implement and develop with UMACC staff new systems to improve efficiency of UMACC data transfer.
Board & Committee Support (25%)
Provide administrative/secretarial support to the Board, its Directors, committees, subcommittees and volunteers. This includes:
· Development and distribution of the Board packets, minutes and materials.
· General Board correspondence.
· Administrative support to Board Committees and subcommittees as requested Level of support required will fluctuate depending on committee.
· Maintenance of core governing documents such as bylaws, membership lists, and board policy documents
· Administrative support for the Annual Meeting.
General Administration & Finance (25%)
· Collect mail from post office daily
· Front desk reception: greet, answer phones, schedule conference room
· Manage operations of the office such as supply and water orders
· Manage IT vendor relationship
· Help coordinate major annual events: September kick-off, March leadership, May celebration, and partner forums
· Prepare daily deposit for all checks, cash, and credit card gifts with appropriate reports. Process checks through remote deposit system.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple and shifting priorities, is willing to jump in to support projects as needed, shows a commitment to the mission of UWHC and has a sense of humor.
· Previous administrative experience
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience
· Proficiency with databases, mail merges and Microsoft Office
· Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and deadlines
· Experience handling confidential information appropriately
· Eagerness to take initiative, solve-problems and contribute positively to the team
· Comfort and ease with technology and social media
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required