347 5th Avenue
National Medical Fellowships (NMF) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the President & CEO and the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in the NY Office. To learn more about NMF visit www.nmfonline.org.
This is an opportunity for someone to grow. The person in this position could advance and grow in responsibility. If knowing that what you do makes a difference, and you are precise and like lists (and actually follow them), then this could be the right job for you. Building NMF’s Alumni and donor network and increasing programs to support the next generation of healthcare leaders are key priorities for NMF.
This is not a 9 to 5 job – leadership travels and events, scheduling and opportunities must be able to be completed across multiple time zones as well as supporting some events outside of normal business hours. You need to be 100% accessible and ready and eager to be so.
· Answering phone, outgoing calls, documenting interactions
· Heavy Scheduling for President, CDO and Board Chair
· Support for the President’s confidential and personal tasks
· Coordinate and support assigned meetings, including taking and producing comprehensive notes on a timely basis
· Assure compilation of monthly NMF Brief for Board and Alumni Council
· Work with Development and Programs teams to coordinate outreach to donors, messaging and maximize the President and CDO’s travel and meeting time
· Compile and present accurate background research, maps, directions and other documentation needed to support external meetings
· Coordinate and support Monthly Staff Meetings, Alumni Council Calls, periodic Board Meetings and other key events.
· Enthusiastic and passionate about NMF’s mission
· 2+ years administrative experience
· Commitment to excellence and to assuring that everything works well (e.g., doing work in advance to assure that all logistics, phones, audiovisual, websites, etc. work properly)
· Understand different stakeholder groups including alumni, donors, and volunteers
· Experience in scheduling and meeting planning (virtual and in-person)
· Exceptional phone skills
· Persistence in completing assignments without annoying or harassing colleagues and/or stakeholders
· Excellent proofreading and writing skills. Examples to document these skills must be provided.
· Understand cloud-based file management. Prior use of Dropbox or similar cloud storage helpful.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Experience using social media for messaging. Examples to document these skills must be provided.
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar contact management software preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) desirable
Salary will commensurate with experience (35,000 - 40,000).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to NMF's President & CEO, Dr. Esther Dyer, at email@example.com.