1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Vital Voices Global Partnership (VVGP) is a leading non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation. We seek a talented professional with experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist on the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), the MEL Specialist will primarily provide technical assistance to program staff in setting and maintaining M&E systems for programs and supporting the collaborative and strategic learning in M&E across all programs and units. This position will also support the implementation of Vital Voice's monitoring and evaluation strategy, including guidelines and tool development, data collection, analysis and reporting.
Technical Assistance on M&E:
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to program staff in M&E to strengthen program management and donor reporting
- Develop performance monitoring plans and work plans, including data quality controls in collaboration with program staff
- Contribute to the development of tools across programs for data collection such as surveys, interviews and focus groups
- Coordinate with M&E specialists and other program staff on proposal and reporting requirements
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collate, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external reporting using statistical, data visualization or qualitative software.
- Ensure information from M&E activities are properly analyzed and collected with high quality for reporting.
- Support the creation of tools, modules and the overall M&E curriculum for program staff around program design, data collection, data management, and setting up of M&E systems.
- Research and compile relevant resources for the community of practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in international development, public administration, economics, statistics or other relevant field strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in program design, performance monitoring and reporting, and evaluation methods
- At least 1 years of experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of M&E best practices, principles, and tools
- Experience setting-up and/or coordinating M&E systems
- Experience in designing, implementing and analyzing survey research
- Proficiency with statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS, or SAS
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Familiarity with qualitative analysis software such as Nvivo
- Experience setting up and/or coordinating data warehouse projects and Salesforce a plus
- Experience in training and/or teaching; understanding of adult learning preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Living or working experience outside the U.S. for at least a year preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish or French a plus
The Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Specialist position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. International travel may be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample of no more than three pages such as a results report, research report, or brief that clearly demonstrates analysis and presentation of data to an external audience
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.