Details: Our salaries are competitive with other nonprofits of our size in Colorado.
mpowered is seeking a full-time Executive Director (ED) to lead all aspects of the organization. mpowered is a Colorado-based nonprofit focused on creating Financial Security for All. The ED is responsible for leading broad scale collaboration efforts to advance financial security and empowerment in Denver and beyond. The ED will work at the intersection of business, funders, nonprofits, and government to ensure all residents have the opportunity to benefit from Colorado’s growing economy.
The majority of mpowered’s clients do not earn a living wage, and/or have credit issues and heavy debt loads which prevent financial stability. Through our client-centered and holistic financial education and coaching, individuals become empowered to make informed financial choices and take actions that align with their values and personal goals. Each year we empower nearly 3,000 individuals and families to achieve financial goals including establishing and improving credit, budgeting, savings, asset building, and overall financial wellbeing. Together with the board of directors and the leadership team, this visionary, strategic and relational ED will have the opportunity to deepen and expand mpowered’s impact in Colorado. Learn more at www.mpoweredcolorado.org.
Employees successful within mpowered culture are highly proactive, optimistic, business-minded, inquisitive, flexible, and collaborative. Organizational values – show up, get real, work together, be the change, move forward and steady on – guide all internal and external facing aspects of mpowered’s work.
Additional skills and qualities sought for the Executive Director role include:
- Track record of effectively leading an organization from growth stage to maturity
- Financial savvy and experience with nonprofit budget planning and expense allocation
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and develop people that manage people
- Proven success in fundraising and donor cultivation
- Skilled at developing and enhancing systems and strategies for operational success
- Makes decisions and takes action based on vision and values
- Focus on client and community impact
- Established partner and funder relationships in the Denver Metro area
- Skilled relationship builder that pursues win-win partnerships
- Strategic thinker and planner who brings creative ideas to market
- Culturally competent and inclusive communicator
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred, with a minimum 5 years of executive leadership experience
mpowered offers a collegial, collaborative work environment with a business casual dress code for the office. Benefits include flexible work arrangements; family-first culture; generous PTO that includes your birthday off and five bonus PTO days every five years; three health insurance plans to choose from; dental insurance; and after one year of employment, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting.Our salaries are competitive with other nonprofits of our size in Colorado.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send a current resume along with a thoughtful cover letter to mpowered’s ED Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “mpowered ED” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!