Director of Digital Production & Database Management
- Job posted by National Trust for Historic Preservation
2600 Virignia Avenue, NW
The Director of Digital Production assists the Senior Director to lead a comprehensive strategic data plan, supporting all business units at the National Trust for Historic Preservation. As system owner of Engaging Networks eCRM, going LIVE in September, this position is a subject matter expert managing an eCRM. As frontline support for both Annual Giving and Marketing Departments use of the eCRM, the Director is responsible for ensuring the creation of fundraising, advocacy, survey and other page types – as well as ensuring production of emails and managing subscriber segments to promote these pages. The Director is tasked with strategically administering the new platform, ensuring its functionality is being utilized to its full potential, maintaining ongoing knowledge of the latest functionalities and best practices. Strong digital aptitude is imperative, with the ability to support and summarize digital performance data. The Director serves as a liaison between divisions leveraging technology and serving each business unit fulfilling all production requests, supporting all platform operations. Experience working with netFORUM or similar CRM systems, with knowledge of SQL is imperative, as the incumbent will support the Senior Director with requests in data reporting. Additionally, the incumbent will maintain the highest standards of data integrity enforcing best practices, good data hygiene and the standard operating procedures.
Serving as number two to the Senior Director for oversight of CRM and related data systems of the National Trust, and as master administrator for the Engaging Networks platform, primary duties include:
- Set up all standard operating procedures
- Enforce data quality controls and data hygiene
- Troubleshoot CSS and HTML for all pages
- Direct development and rollout of queries and reporting functions
- Build automations, leveraging Engaging Networks automated features
- Create training curriculum; responsible for onboarding all staff and vendors
- Ensure support for all end users of the system
- Ensure support for Google Analytics tied to the platform, ensuring pages are set up with proper tags for reporting
- Ensure all data requests are fulfilled
- Utilize FraktureBots to develop automated hygiene and reports
- Monitor Vantiv and PayProFlow payment gateways
Supporting the Annual Giving Department, duties include:
- Create and maintain donation pages, including: QA, testing, U/X, data sync support
- Import lists from the CRM for emails appeals and campaigns, and troubleshoot HTML when needed
- Identify enhanced use of the system to create dynamic segments utilizing system automations
- Ensure all data elements are set up for accurate reporting
Supporting the Marketing Department, duties include: Create and support creation of advocacy pages and surveys, including QA, testing, and ensuring tags are set up properly for reporting
- Create queries in Engaging Networks to support advocacy segmentation
- Manage advocacy alerts in netFORUM and Engaging Networks
- Support and manage e-sign-up widgets for newsletters
- Maintain and create new donation pages for National Treasures and other special campaigns
- Support and troubleshoot all email sent from the system
- Support and maintain all Preservation Leadership Forum member pages, serving as main liaison to the Preservation Division
- Support functionality that ties the CMS to Engaging Networks
- Provide primary support for the middleware between netFORUM CRM and Engaging Networks ensuring the data sync is working properly, performing regular data audits, with the ability to troubleshoot and understand JSON
- Serve as primary liaison from the Data Team between vendors: Integral, Eidolon, BeaconFireRed, and Cornershop ensuring weekly reporting needs are met
- Manage the relationship between the National Trust and Engaging Networks, providing stellar contract management and communication
- Assist the Senior Director in reporting from netFORUM CRM, with the ability to write and run SQL queries
- Manage financial reconciliation between Engaging Networks, netFORUM and General Ledger, serving as the main liaison to Finance for all revenue in Engaging Networks
- Utilize working knowledge of agile methodology, assisting the Senior Director in project management with enhancements for the CRM netFORUM
- Maintain excellent relations with staff and departments throughout the Trust to promote the use of constituent management systems and best practices in data management
- Responsible for achieving high quality results with limited supervision
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience, including experience with budgeting, staffing, supervising professionals and leading teams to generate high quality results.
- At least 3 years of experience managing large, cross-functional projects and teams, preferably within a national level non-profit setting.
- 6-8 years’ experience in fundraising operations, donor database & analytics management, and netFORUM CRM or other equivalent SQL based CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of Engaging Networks platform strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS JSON
- Working knowledge of SQL, with the ability to write and run queries
- At least 6 years of experience with database implementation, design, deployment and system management experience, with demonstrated experience designing, developing and generating analytic reports
- Basic knowledge of CMS systems, Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization
- Dependability essential, with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Advanced project-management, team-management and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with limited supervision.
- Experience supervising professional staff, as well as successfully managing key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Demonstrated success in engaging culturally diverse colleagues and stakeholders. Bi-lingual language skills a plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communication and customer service skills. with the ability to communicate plans and outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment, including working effectively with frequent interruptions and handling changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required in addition to the database and systems experience listed above
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience and/or specialization required.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
Great benefits, including affordable health, dental and life insurance, retirement contributions, and 3.5 weeks of vacation plus sick time and holidays.
Minimum Education Required