265 Henry Street
The Grant Writer will be responsible for a portfolio that includes proposals and reports related to Henry Street’s programmatic operations, with a particular emphasis on our Health and Wellness division, which includes our senior services, primary and behavior health programs, public benefits access programs, and parent center. This position is ideal for someone with a public health and fundraising background, and keen interest in the policies and trends that shape health and wellness today.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· One to two years of grant writing experience, including experience producing large, complex government proposals, as well as foundation and corporate proposals.
· Understanding of and keen interest in public health, aging, public benefits, and related social service funding trends, policy, and programs.
· Passion for and an interest in HSS’ comprehensive service offerings, including but not limited to education and employment, shelter and transitional housing, visual and performing arts, and health and wellness.
· Proven track record of securing grants.
· Strong organization and editing skills.
· Strong database and computer skills; familiarity with Raisers Edge a plus.
· Strong ability to multi-task, and flexibility to take on new assignments as opportunities arise.
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including program staff, executive staff, funders, and external partners.
· Ability to identify, understand, and articulate program needs and outcomes in collaboration with program staff.
· Write grant proposals and reports for foundations, corporations, and government agencies across Henry Street’s comprehensive programmatic portfolios, with a particular emphasis on the Health and Wellness division.
· Stay informed of funding, policy, and programmatic trends in public health, aging, public benefits, and other issues impacting the agency.
· Work effectively with program staff to research and design program elements, generate drafts for review, and lead meetings to create high quality proposals and reports.
· Collaborate with fiscal staff on budget development.
· Create funding plans and ensure progress towards goals.
· Communicate accomplishments of existing programs to funders through reports.
· Identify and solicit new funders.
· Maintain excellent relationships with program staff and executive staff at all levels.
· Use Raisers Edge to track all prospects, donors, proposals, reports, deadlines, capital campaign, and relationships.
· Represent Henry Street Settlement (HSS) effectively to external stakeholders, including funders and partner agencies.
· Apply in-depth and broad knowledge of HSS programs, history and trajectory and its funders to various situations as appropriate.
· Other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Officer and Development Manager.
To Apply: Please provide a personalized cover letter and resume.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required