The Administrative Assistant, Office of the Priest-in-charge, provides high-level administrative support to senior leadership within the Rector’s Administration office. Serve as the initial contact for internal constituencies on matters pertaining to the Office of the Priest-in-charge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the administrative needs of the Director, of Administration, Chief of Staff (CoS), and Chief Strategy Officer (CSO).
- Schedule appointments and ensure that Priest-in-charge’s calendar is always accurate and up to date.
- Act as liaison to Trinity Church Wall Street staff.
- Initiate and maintain Director’s correspondence as assigned, including matters of utmost confidentiality and time sensitivity.
- Prepare any materials for upcoming meetings and handle necessary follow-up.
- Track communications internally/externally to inform stakeholders, and ensure actions are enacted as directed.
- Coordinate travel for supervisor, Priest-in-charge, CoS, CSO, and Vestry including arranging transportation and lodging, developing travel agenda, liaising with other Executive Assistants as appropriate and other activities as needed.
- Arrange for and provide hospitality to external visitors and guests of the supervisor and Priest-in-charge.
- Manages projects and performs other administrative support duties as requested.
- Process all purchase orders and expenses.
- Assist in preparing materials for committee and Vestry meetings.
- Manages special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Provides constructive input to facilitate project planning and implementation.
- Coordinates logistics for special projects across internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle billing, process invoices and expense reports for the Rector’s Ministry Administration office monthly or as needed, communicating with Finance, Treasury and Accounts Payable departments to ensure efficient processing.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure that all programming costs are captured and reported in a meaningful and accurate way.
- Assist in planning and organizing annual Ascension Day Vestry Dinner and Christmas Celebration, and other events as needed, including invitations, logistics and event management.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, CRM and other database management programs.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all situations and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work in a mission/results-driven high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Flexible and able to work well with all levels of internal and external leadership and management as well as outside constituents and visitors.
- Flexibility in work schedule as required.
- Willingness to travel with Director as needed.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
- 3-4 years of experience in administrative roles in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.