Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
The mission of Centinela Youth Services, Inc. (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students and contributing adults. CYS is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice organization established in 1975. CYS operates a variety of innovative programs proven to increase student performance; reduce school dropout rates, gang involvement, youth violence and crime and ultimately help preserve families. CYS is leading innovation that is transforming youth justice in LA and the state, with a commitment to both youth development and serving victims of youth crime, while impacting systemic change to end the school to prison pipeline. CYS is also providing leadership to critical juvenile justice reform in LA County, and as a result is growing rapidly. Budget and staff have doubled in 18 months. This small agency of 24 staff needs a talented “second in command” to support the Executive Director to put systems and staffing quality in place to enable rapid growth while maintaining quality.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position, including benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and a minimum of four years’ experience in a similar management role.
• Excellent management skills, utilizing best practices in achieving staff engagement and quality outputs.
• Experience in quality assurance and devising quality measures; must be able to demonstrate a track record in meeting program quality/productivity standards.
• Expertise in fiscal administration and/or nonprofit accounting, if not preparing budgets/expense reports, then at least reading/interpreting.
• Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding people skills, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures;
• Strong experience in staff supervision, including workload distribution and team building;
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple demands and work well under stress while meeting deadlines;
• Excellent skills in various software applications (beyond simply Microsoft Office Suite), including Outlook add-ons, Excel formulas and pivot tables, Google products, CRM. Experience in using and/or implementing software applications for team work (i.e. Trello, Basecamp, Slack).
• Ability to travel between and work from various LA County area locations. This position is based in Hawthorne, with some travel to other CYS offices in South LA, Inglewood and Pacoima.
• Must have reliable transportation; valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance when/if applicable.
• Must be able to pass background clearances.
• Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA), non-profit management or related field.
• Passion for adolescent development, Restorative Justice, juvenile justice diversion and criminal justice reform.
• Non-profit bookkeeping experience.
• Received professional development in various topics related to non-profit management.
General Functions and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Director, this critical leadership position manages and ensures quality of overall administrative operations of this agency with a budget of $1.5 million and a staff of 24 and 60+ volunteers, preparing for significant growth. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directly supervise up to five staff members while assisting with building, maintaining and encouraging a productive working relationship amongst all staff.
• Stimulate and give intellectual leadership agency-wide to ensure implementation of strategies and achieve growth and quality goals.
• Work with other members of the leadership team to ensure successful communication and coordination between all CYS programs, and participate in strategic planning.
• Assist in management and oversight of budget, fundraising, and donation reporting.
• Vet and negotiate vendor contracts.
• Gather statistical information as directed/requested, participate in internal and external audit; prepare and submit timely reports (i.e. Board meeting report, grant reports, etc.)
• Work with Executive Director to develop, plan and implement strategies to manage program growth and ensure funding and sustainability of the program.
• Through communication, leadership, modeling and accountability, reinforce CYS’s organizational core values among all staff, interns and volunteers.
Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Performing duties of the Program Manager may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and be able to provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
CYS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
CYS, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform CYS, Inc. by sending an email to email@example.com. To learn more about CYS, Inc. or the services provided, you may visit the website at cys-la.org.