330 5th Avenue
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
Title: RTF PACC Coordinator – (Full Time)
Reports to: Sherri Romano, RTF Program Director
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Oversight of the Pre-Admission Certification Committee.
- Responsible for reading referrals, facilitating PACC meeting, preparation for agenda, generates minutes of meeting, and PACC response letter for referral sources.
- In partnership with the RTF team, provision of technical assistance to the six NYC RTF’s supporting family friendly and youth guided treatment practices to insure long term positive discharge outcomes.
- Oversight of the pre-admission transition process with the RTF Admissions Coordinators
- Review and follow-up regarding RTF incidents.
- In partnership with the RTF team, facilitation of bi-monthly meetings with Transitional Coordinators.
- In partnership with the RTF team, assist RTF’s in collaborating with multiple child serving agencies and systems such as ACS, NYC Department of Education, Juvenile Justice and adult services.
- Provide training's regarding the PACC process.
Tracking and Reporting:
- Maintains comprehensive list of youngsters PACC Certified.
- Submission for Quarterly Statistics as needed to OMH Central Office and DOHMH.
- Submission of DSS 639 to OMH Special Projects Unity to commence Medicaid payment upon youth’s admission to an RTF.
- Review clinical referrals for psychiatric criteria to determine continued Medicaid eligibility based on current eligibility standards.
- Monitor, pre-approval, and processing of the DSS 3074 bed reservations.
- Maintaining database of hospitalizations/bed reservations for the RTF’s.
- Maintains resources and disseminates to RTF providers.
- Attend quarterly OMH Children’s Division Meetings in Albany, bi-weekly internal children division meetings, family and youth conferences, and conferences related to mental health treatment for youth and families.
- Participation and collaboration with OMH licensing division during certification visits/as needed.
- Licensed Master’s level Social Worker, preferably LCSW with clinical and administrative experience.
- Extensive knowledge of child serving systems required.
- Attention to details.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
*THIS POSITION IS EMPLOYED BY VIBRANT EMOTIONAL HEALTH, HOWEVER THE INCUMBENT WILL WORK WITH AND AT THE OFFICE OF MENTAL HEALTH (OMH).
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required