Full Time Temporary
Program Overview: The purpose of the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is to provide New York City youth with summer employment and educational experiences that build on their individual strengths and incorporate youth development principles. These principles include engaging the talents and interests of youth, developing their skills and competencies, and providing positive adult role models.
The goals and objectives of SYEP are:
- To provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised
- To assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them
- To enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment‐related skills
- To facilitate the long‐term employment and self‐sufficiency of youth
- To enable youth to develop a greater understanding of higher education and career options available to them
- To enable youth to develop financial literacy and other competencies that will prepare them to succeed in their transition to adulthood
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Individuals must have demonstrated experience working with youth development programs and youth employment programs with contractual milestone requirements
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to provide conflict resolution for participants, parents, and staff.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite and web-hosted databases
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Unflappable customer service, organization and time management skills
- Creativity, professionalism, and an excellent sense of humor
- Passion for youth & community development
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Possession of New York State Driver License with clean driving record preferred.
- Minimum (1) year experience working with the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) a plus
- Ensure program implementation for assigned contracts is operating as per funder/contract requirements including but not limited to: participant enrollment, orientation, and placement, participant service strategy completion, worksite assignments and ongoing monitoring and documentation of program activities
- Serve as a liaison between assigned SYEP borough office and the Manhattan headquarters; travel between locations regularly to submit documents and attend meetings
- Communicate daily with supervisor to stay abreast of all programmatic requirements and changes
- Supervise and oversee the collection of: participant vital documents during enrollment; timesheets for payroll; and of weekly worksite data entry
- Manage and supervise Worksite Monitors, Data Entry, and Workshop Facilitators assigned to borough office
- Manage and report any incident occurring at participants worksites
- Collaborate with the Workshop Facilitator to implement educational workshops
- Maintain program files by conducting internal audits of all files throughout the duration of the program
- Generate and submit weekly reports on participant hours
- Communicate and mediate conflict with program participants, parents, and worksites to address needs or concerns
- Conduct performance evaluations on borough office staff members
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Minimum Education Required