4322 Wilshire Blvd.
The Harmony Project seeks an experienced professional to join its development team as a Senior Grant Writer. The individual selected will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The position is all responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources.
The ideal candidate will:
· Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Simultaneously manage projects with varying timelines and deadlines.
· Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and strong process orientation.
· Demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and time management skills.
· Multitask and adapt to quickly evolving situations yet pay close attention to detail.
· Anticipate and prevent problems ranging from print materials, to processes, to events, to customer service.
· Succeed working both individually and as part of a team.
Other Qualifications: Office computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); familiarity with accessing and using contact databases, especially Raiser’s Edge NXT; excellent written and oral communications skills; detail-oriented.
The position requires collaboration with executive, program, and development staff.
Tasks and Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Project manage the grants process for current and prospective funders, all on-time as per deadlines.
2. Maintain a funding calendar/pipeline of activity.
3. Coordinate weekly and monthly meetings with executive and key staff members to inform fundraising efforts and grant narratives.
4. Project manage the grants process for current and prospective donors, all on-time as per deadlines.
5. Write reports and collect necessary program information in order to communicate full picture of highlights and successes to funders.
6. Write communications and outreach materials for current and prospective funders
7. Researching prospects and pulling together background material.
8. Drafting communications and following up on communications with funders.
9. Completing other tasks, as needed and as requested.
Level of Language Proficiency
Supervision Responsibilities: None
Education: Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent at a minimum.
Experience: Previous experience in a similar role within a non-profit preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two current references to: maya@harmony- project.org with Senior Grant Writer as the subject line.
Harmony Project does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, gender, religion, national origin or ethnicity in student admissions or in any program it administers.