Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elementary & Middle School locations
Partnership with Children works with public schools in New York City’s highest-need communities to provide critical social and emotional supports for the hardest-to-reach youth and to systematically build schools that are safe, successful and conducive to learning. Social Work Directors engage in direct practice while also supervising staff. Social Work Directors are the lead supervisors for Partnership staff in the school building. Each Social Work Director has the support of a supervisor on a regular basis.
- Provide individual counseling and case management
- Facilitate large and small group counseling (individually or with co-facilitator)
- Attend all school-based meetings (e.g. with administration, guidance counselor, teachers)
- Collaborate with school administration and staff on needs of students, families and school community
- Integrate into and engage with school culture through development of positive relationships with school community
- Conduct parent workshops and teacher staff development sessions
- Conduct home visits
- Support students and families in crisis
- Conduct weekly structured supervision of social worker and/or interns and weekly staff meetings
- Ensure all case notes, bio psycho-socials and goal plans are completed and of high quality
- Develop direct reports to improve their practice
- Model development and maintenance of key collaborative relationships
- Ensure data collection is timely and accurate
- Commitment to demonstrating PWC’s organizational values of Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Going to Solution, Equity & Inclusion, and Passion
- New York State LCSW, or LCSW eligible within 6 months of hire, required
- SIFI certification strongly preferred with at least one year’s experience supervising social work interns
- At least one year’s experience in school setting, strong experience working with students and families
- Work with fidelity to model while also being able to implement model according to specific school needs
- Interest in and comfort with working with data to inform practice
- Act as lead Partnership with Children representative at the school and have ability and interest in being the face of Partnership with Children within the school building
- Work in fast-paced environment, flexible and can-do attitude
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and clearance by NYC Department of Education
- Full-time, occasional weeknight hours
- Year-round position (summer location and duties may vary)
All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Social Work Director” in the subject line and kindly let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Partnership with Children is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and addressing issues of equity within our own organization as well as in the other systems we interact with. Partnership with Children welcomes diversity in all its forms and believes that its mission can only be achieved when diversity is leveraged across all areas, including race, gender, gender expression, age, nationality and life experience. Partnership with Children is building a diverse and inclusive team and strongly encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Partnership with Children provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.