480 Pleasant Street
Education Resource Strategies (ERS) is seeking to hire several results-oriented Principal Associates. The ideal candidate will bring experience in strategic consulting, data driven decision-making and quantitative analysis. Principal Associates will bring proven project management skills, and the strong ability to interpret data to drive strategic recommendations in order to effectively partner with education leaders to help them effectively reallocate resources.
Managing two projects at a time, The Principal Associate will be responsible for leading the analysis process, including supervising one or two Analysts, intensive data collection, summarizing conclusions from the data, and developing client presentations and reports. Depending on the size and complexity of the project the Principal Associate may also be responsible for managing the day-to-day project needs, reporting to the Project Manager or Partner. ERS’s inclusive and collaborative approach to project teams ensures that Principal Associates will have the unique opportunity to develop strong relationships with and serve as a thought partner to district leaders. The Principal Associate plays a critical role in leveraging strategies and solutions to drive transformational change in public education.
*Please note, we are only recruiting Principal Associates for ERS' Massachusetts office at this time.
Case and Team Management
- Actively participate as a member of ERS project teams; supervising one or more Analysts
- Leading well defined sections of project work, including:
- Contributing to the design of the analysis, and owning pieces of work from start to finish
- Overseeing data processing and analytics
- Drawing implications and conclusions from analyses, owning narrative creation
- Planning, executing and communicating results with limited supervision
- Producing client ready documents and presentations
- Developing and managing the project work plan
- Participation in client meetings and presentations.
- Develop strong relationships with and serve as a thought partner to district leaders.
- Effectively manage the formal and informal professional development of team members through skill planning, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Contribute to the firm's knowledge management strategy by developing client decision-making tools, products, and papers for publication and dissemination.
- Lead the professional development of junior staff members. Participate in consensus reviews for non-team members.
- Serve in various ad-hoc leadership capacities (e.g., ERS retreat, ERS lunch facilitation, practice area participation, recruiting).
- 3-5 years of experience in strategic consulting, quantitative analysis or other comparable management field with a strong emphasis on strategy and analytics.
- Critical thinking skills; proven quantitative, strategic, and analytic capability.
- Significant experience in both process and project management; high degree of organization, and attention to detail in order to meet deadlines, often within very tight timeframes.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex material and effectively communicate ERS’ mission and impact to our target audience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required; Microsoft Access and SQL preferred.
- Broad understanding of and willingness to stay abreast of new research in the education sector.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a growing, mission-driven team.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to ERS’ mission and values exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities, or community involvement; experience in education reform a plus, but a passion for improving urban education systems is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree (MBA, MPP, MPA, M.Ed.), preferred.
- Travel 1-2 times per month is required.
ERS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, or military service.
We value diverse teams and the unique talents each member brings. In that light, we encourage candidates that have life experiences similar to those of the children, teachers, and leaders in the districts we serve to apply. The value we place on diverse teams is mirrored by our commitments to foster and sustain an inclusive culture. We regularly evaluate our organization's processes and policies through the lens of equity and inclusion, and we provide opportunities for individual and organizational learning about equity, inclusion, and diversity.
We view these commitments as essential to our work with each other and our district partners, as we seek to drive equity and excellence for all students through school system transformation.
Comprehensive benefits package including insurance and retirement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please check out our website (https://www.erstrategies.org/info/careers) to learn more and apply online through one of the links below.