Full Time Contract
One Hundred Miles is dedicated to preserving and enhancing Georgia’s 100-mile coast. We are an advocacy organization, building public support for this mission through collaboration, celebration, and education.
One Hundred Miles is seeking per diem educators that will be responsible for leading high-quality outreach and education programs. Educators will represent One Hundred Miles at community outreach festivals and events. They will also lead interactive programs at locations around the coast. Programs may include, but are not limited to, Naturalist 101 field trips and lectures, Nature and the Arts courses, and Junior Naturalist workshops for kids. Educators will be asked to deliver pre-designed curricula and create new lesson plans and activities as assigned. This is a part-time position and hours will vary depending on the season and demand for programs.
- Represent OHM at regular community outreach events (i.e., Earth Day Festivals, CoastFest, etc.); use innovative education techniques and hands-on tools to engage and educate a broad range of audiences
- Work with VP of Education & Communications and Coastal Education Coordinator to lead monthly Naturalist 101, Nature and the Arts, Junior Naturalist, and other community education programs as assigned
- Responsible for group management, crowd control, and set-up and break-down of supplies and materials used for programs; ensure OHM brand is well represented at all community events
- Design hands-on and age-appropriate environmental education activities and teaching materials
- Maintain metrics measuring each program’s educational reach; take photos for social media
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1 year of formal or nonformal environmental education experience
- Proven experience developing, promoting, and teaching interactive EE programs
- Comfortable working as part of an advocacy organization
- Knowledge of coastal ecosystems and environmental conservation issues; knowledge and experience in coastal Georgia a plus
- Understanding of different learning styles and ability to effectively translate programs to a variety of ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel to deliver programs as needed
- Sense of humor, flexibility, positivity, and passion for Georgia’s coast
This position will require travel to communities on the Georgia coast.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume, three references, and cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. One Hundred Miles is an equal opportunity employer.