88 Hamilton Avenue
TITLE: Data Analyst & M&E Associate
DEPARTMENT: Monitoring and Evaluation
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Regular FTE (40/hrs per week)
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches an average of 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit Americares.org.
This position will focus on supporting the evolving global data and reporting needs for the organization with a special focus on the systems and data analysis required. This position requires a moderate Excel and Power BI skills. The position is within the Global Programs department and will be a shared role between the Project Administration and Monitoring and Evaluation teams. These teams collaborate and work closely on programmatic data collection and management. A technical test will be given during the interview process.
Project Administration and System Support (30-40%)
- GIFTS System management
- Serve as key system/team contact for internal teams (field and at HQ) for grants processing and system usage
- New applications, project approvals, reporting review/approvals and payment approvals
- Executing system changes and updates in-line with departmental and team strategies and needs (i.e.: custom fields, tables, forms)
- Managing system dashboard and reporting needs for all system users (Program Managers, Approvers/Reviewers, etc.)
- Supporting all global staff with regular training and support needs in all area of the system / process
- Regular data validation and quality assurance to ensure for clean, accurate and reliable information
- Supporting data cleanup/data migration for future data integration with large ERP/CRM data integration project
- Global Project Administration Support
- Responsible for data integrity. Work across global programs teams to ensure all projects are entered in the system and records are complete and up-to-date
- Assist with project code setup process, including process management and tracking of the project code master list for restricted-funded projects
- Support program teams with completion/submission of online applications and reports and other troubleshooting on the system as needed.
- Work with Finance on reconciliation of grant payments.
- Support ongoing maintenance and management of team and health area SharePoint sites
Reporting, Data analysis and Learning (~60-70%)
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Manage a centralized system that captures, stores and reports on common indicators across Americares programs/projects implemented globally.
- Prepare data for reporting including for: Program Reports to the Board of Directors, Annual Program review and prospectus, Emergency Response and Recovery summaries, Annual Report, and other project and donor-specific analysis
- Support M&E unit with data cleaning and basic analysis as needed – related to supply chain data and project monitoring.
- Support M&E data request process: Pull and analyze data from data warehouse, coordinate with the point person in Finance, Logistics, and Programs.
- Assist in designing mid-term and final-evaluations of Americares global programs
- Support online survey platform
- Manage Americares online survey platform. Support the transition to a new system if needed. Provide support for data entry, cleaning, and analysis.
- Maintain the online tracking tool for the Emergency Programs.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems.
- M&E team support
- Support global monitoring and evaluation activities including template setup, data collection via online survey platform, data cleaning, analysis, visualization and interpretation.
- Maintain the M&E SharePoint website including but not limited to: lists, documents, calendar.
- Support other M&E duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree optimal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Background in statistics, public health, health administration preferred
- Swift and adept learner of technology required
- Experience with datasets (data manipulation and data analysis) required
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated prior systems implementation/management/support role (GIFTS Online a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must
- System and process orientation
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and independently reprioritize tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft products including Power BI, MS Excel, MS Access, and SharePoint
- Experience with Kobo Toolbox and/or SurveyMonkey
- Ability to work across different teams and groups
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter: https://americares.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=484