Details: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package!
155 North Beacon Street
Title: Corporate Relations Associate
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Corporate Relations
Location: Brighton, MA
About Cradles to Crayons:
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with the mission of providing children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive - at home, at school and at play. C2C is at the cutting edge of volunteer management and has become the largest volunteer opportunity in the Boston area (where the organization is headquartered) providing unique, hands-on opportunities for people to help other people.
How Our Model Works: Cradles to Crayons collects new and nearly new children's items through grassroots community drives and corporate donations. Donations are then processed and packaged by volunteers, and are distributed to disadvantaged children through a collaborative network of social service agencies and school partners. C2C supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
Cradles to Crayons meets a critical need as many children 12 years old and younger live in poverty-stricken situations. Their living conditions can have negative effects on their self-esteem as poverty can lead to behavioral, social and emotional problems; their education as half of these children start 1st grade up to 2 years later than their peers; and their safety as they may live in more hazardous environments that can increase the risk of injury.
While meeting the immediate needs of low-income children, Cradles to Crayons also sets a foundation for lasting change by providing meaningful, tangible volunteer opportunities to thousands of individuals and families and hundreds of corporations each year by organizing clothing collections, hosting a fundraiser, or working in The Giving Factory warehouse.
Cradles to Crayons earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator for the sixth consecutive year. Only 4% of charities rated have received at least six consecutive 4-star evaluations, differentiating C2C from its peers and indicating that C2C outperforms most other charities in America.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Relations, the Corporate Relations Associate (CRA) is an experienced development professional who plays a key role to ensure that Cradles to Crayons meets the organization's strategic corporate engagement objective by building and maintaining corporate partnerships that advance the goals of both Cradles to Crayons and the partnering organization.
The CRA works to maintain, grow, engage and enhance our volunteer and corporate giving base, through superior relationship management. The CRA actively engages, stewards and manages an existing portfolio of 30-50 corporate relationships to maximize potential. CRA works closely with the Corporate Relations Coordinator (CRC) to promote deeper engagement through volunteer service, financial, and product donation support; the three aspects that power the Cradles to Crayons’ mission. The CRA will be well versed in scheduling corporate volunteer groups.
The CRA proactively seeks new corporate partnerships through promising leads, prospect research and contacts and coordinates with Community Engagement and Development teams to manage and leverage relationships with new and existing key corporate groups and individuals.
- Model and lead a positive “One Cradles” culture, underpinned by Cradles’ Cultural Values and related behaviors.
- Contribute to new corporate business development efforts by identifying and engaging prospective corporate partners to realize secure funding from corporate sector for the organization through proactive outreach, leveraging C2C’s network, and Giving Factory visits. In conjunction with Director of Corporate Relations (DCR), supports efforts for Corporate Advisory Council, Annual Corporate Partnerships, and corporate-focused events.
- Gather and maintain prospect research in Salesforce, to utilize for cultivation and solicitation meetings. Prepare reports for corporate donors and maintain relationships as needed.
- Lead cyber grant writing, submission and reporting efforts by gathering data to support requests, identifying and monitoring filing deadlines, submitting grants and completing grant reports.
- Facilitate Corporate Advisory Council and Annual Partner meeting preparation and follow up. Share in presentation duties, steward and strengthen relationships with CAC members, Annual Partners and representatives of their organizations.
- Serve as an integral member of the Development Team stewarding and cultivating all corporate volunteer groups in the “Giving Factory”.
- Leverage corporate relationships, and collaborates with Development Team to foster new and sustaining opportunities for support/engagement, including in-kind relationships. Ensures that data is collected and managed accurately in order to identify trends and capture information about corporate groups and the individuals within that group for successful cultivation and follow up. Conduct key research as needed relating to all collected information on corporate volunteer groups.
- In conjunction with the Director of Corporate Relations, continue to grow C2C’s unique offerings including our “Service in a Box” program with the goal to raise substantial income and meet key product needs of the organization
- Support corporate fundraising efforts for C2C’s Signature Backpack-A-Thon event to reach fundraising goals. Solicit corporate support for C2C’s other signature initiatives and large volunteer groups in the “Giving Factory”.
- Support C2C’s senior leadership in cultivating and soliciting corporate and foundation donors, and work on special projects to support organizational priorities.
- Attend C2C’s signature events and contribute to other developmental and organizational goals as needed.
- As needed represent Cradles to Crayons at corporate events including galas, awards ceremonies, breakfasts, etc. in an effort to expand C2C network of support.
- Work on special projects on occasion to support organizational priorities.
- Volunteer in The Giving Factory with volunteer groups (at least 1 shift a month) and at special events as needed.
- Collaborate with Foundation team to support, provide grant information, and craft proposals as needed.
- Meet corporate recruitment target through successful recruitment of needed numbers of corporate volunteers.
- Contribute to Corporate Relations team fundraising goals.
- Quantify growth successes in all levels of corporate engagement as outlined in functions and duties. Reach benchmarks within individual portfolio of corporate donors.
- Ensure successful coordination and cooperation with the Development Team around cultivation and management of corporate relationships.
- Ensure C2C’s management is appropriately informed of corporate group scheduling activities, and opportunities are leveraged.
- Ensure superior relationship management and donor stewardship is maintained.
- Ensure standards of excellence for communication with co-workers and volunteers.
- BA degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience in a development environment preferred.
- Read, speak and write fluent English, with superior written and verbal skills.
- Cooperate and show willingness to assist others.
- Communicate with co-workers and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Easily navigate through Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.
- Able to work independently, under supervision, and in a team-based and goal-oriented environment.
- Work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Easily walk up and down stairs, bend down, reach, push and pull and lift up to 30 lbs.
This is a warehouse environment and normal changes in temperature are to be expected while working inside the warehouse or outside, on or around the loading dock. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Cradles to Crayons which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at our career portal and submit a cover letter and resume with relevant experience to https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/what-we-do/careers/ .