Part Time Contract
112 Pleasant Acres Road
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center (PIRC) is a non-profit agency that provides access to justice for vulnerable immigrants in detention and in the community through legal services, education and advocacy. As a legal service provider in the National Qualified Representative Program (NQRP), PIRC provides legal representation to detained immigrants who are deemed not competent to represent themselves by the York Immigration Court. The contract social worker works in partnership with PIRC attorneys to provide critical social work and case management services for NQRP clients with mental health diagnoses or other indicia of incompetency.
This contract position engages with clients on a case-by-case, as needed basis, addressing and advocating for the clients’ non-legal needs, conducting clinical intakes, post-release planning, and trouble-shooting release and post-release issues with the prison, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and community providers.
JOB PURPOSE AND
• Conduct clinical intakes and provide social work support to PIRC clients detained by the Department of Homeland Security in the York County Prison, particularly those with mental health and mental competency issues.
• Develop post-release plans for detained immigrants that address needs for housing, medical/mental care needs, employment assistance, and other civil legal services; assist with applying for public benefits, as eligible.
• Assist in coordinating psychological evaluations, medical evaluations, and various social support assistance for detainees, including being a point of contact for families.
• Support development of post-release referral guide for immigrants with mental health issues as part of post-release s resources.
• Enter all client-related notes into case management systems and maintain confidentiality. Support compliance requirements of the NQRP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Applicants must have BSW, MSW preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in assisting clients with mental health diagnoses, experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build relationships with new and existing stakeholders to further PIRC’s mission. Knowledge of
local community organizations and resources serving immigrants a plus.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
• Commitment to immigration issues. Willingness to meet with clients in the York County Prison.
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision.
• Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred, but not required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Successfully completed and cleared PA State Police Criminal Record Check and PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
Contract position; hours per week will depend on the number of clients/client needs. Client intake work can be done at the prison in the evening/weekends; some weekday hours will be required to coordinate with PIRC attorneys.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, including one from a current or former supervisor, and a brief writing sample to Elizabeth Miller, Office Manager, at email@example.com or to PIRC, Attn: Office Manager, P.O. Box 20339, York PA 17402.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 22, 2018 or until the position is filled. Early submission highly encouraged. The Hiring Committee will begin screening resumes upon receipt.
PIRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. PIRC encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or citizenship.