Details: Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
50 Island Street
About the Position: GWL is seeking a full-time Finance Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position plays a critical role in GWL’s continued growth of a dynamic, high energy nonprofit consisting of a regular staff of 15-20, 15-20 additional summer staff, and ~30 youth employees. This position works closely with the Executive Director and Board to maintain proper financial and organizational accountability. S/he will be responsible for overseeing administrative staff and directing all financial operations including budgeting, A/R and A/P, contract compliance, and reporting. S/he will support human resource management and manage vendors including insurance, benefits, and facilities. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented structure. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact, and bi-cultural organization with a $2.3M budget.
· Develops and manages all financial systems to ensure accurate oversight, reporting, invoicing, and contract compliance;
· Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial information and key metrics to the Executive Director, management team, and Board of Directors;
· Oversees and leads the annual audit process and nonprofit Federal, state and local filings;
· Manages annual budgeting process and provides budget support and training for program staff;
· Oversees A/R and A/P and employee payroll and benefits plans;
· Manages grant and contract financial deliverables and reporting in collaboration with development and program staff;
· Serves as primary liaison to Board of Directors' Finance & Audit Committee;
· Oversees and supports Executive Director and Deputy Director with HR systems and policies;
· Appropriately handles confidential information;
· Other projects as assigned.
It is crucial that the candidate be a team player but also comfortable working independently and efficiently on projects specifically tasked to this position and also for projects and programs for the organization as a whole. GWL has a growing, dynamic team and the large amount of projects and programs accomplished are through collective action and goal setting as well as independent accomplishments.
● Committed to the mission and vision of Groundwork Lawrence;
● Must have experience in nonprofit finance management (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) grants and contracts.
● Ability to present complex ideas and projects in a simplified bottom line fashion to Board and staff;
● Demonstrated leadership ability;
● Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and organizational skills;
● Strong technology skills: QuickBooks Online, Word, Excel, on-line applications;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and to handle multiple tasks;
● Be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, and work well independently, with excellent follow-through;
● Be able to accept supervision and work collaboratively;
● Bi-cultural understanding and/or background required,
● Professional integrity and a sense of humor; reliable and flexible;
● Availability to work some nights and weekends.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Ability to communicate in Spanish;
● Past experience in a mid-sized nonprofit (budget over $2 million);
● Experience with HR policies and procedures; PHR certification or equivalent a plus;
● Diversity and Inclusion training/experience
● Subject expertise in urban agriculture, environmental/ecological studies, public health, and/or related fields;
● Bachelor or Master degree in business, finance, or related degree.
Employee benefits include employer payment of 75% of health and dental insurance with an FSA and HSA, an employer-matched Simple IRA retirement plan, fresh food stipend, and excellent paid-time offs. This is an exempt, full-time position requiring some evening and weekend hours. GWL provides excellent opportunities for advancement and growth within the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit letter of interest describing your relevant experience and interest in Groundwork Lawrence along with your resume by November 5, 2018 to: Groundwork Lawrence, Attn: Human Resources, 50 Island Street, Suite 101, Lawrence, MA 01840, fax: (978) 974-0882, or email@example.com.
Hiring Policy: City of Lawrence residents are strongly encouraged to apply. GWL is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining and growing a diverse team, and to doing business in keeping with core values of relevance, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
No phone calls please. Email inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org