SCHEDULE: 16 hours, Saturday– Sunday, 2:45 p.m. - 11:15 p.m.
LOCATION: 170 Morton Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
The Stabilization Program is a post-detox enhanced shelter-based SOAP (Structured Outpatient Addictions Program) that provides intensive treatment and support to 50 homeless men with a history of chronic substance abuse.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Recovery Specialist is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment. The Recovery Specialist contributes to supporting the success of the clients in their recovery. Job responsibilities include: completing regular rounds, supporting daily client needs, milieu management to maintain a safe environment, responding to emergency/crisis situations and assist program clinical staff in the delivery of client services. The Recovery Specialist must be self motivated with solid communication skills and be capable of working with clients that experience complex issues, such as trauma, addiction, and mental health. The position requires problem solving and mediation skills, as well as a high degree of professional ethics and sensitivity to confidential data and delicate personal issues. Annual CORI review will be conducted for the Recovery Specialist. Acceptable results of annual CORI reviews will be required of Recovery Specialist.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/First Aid and CPI training or ability to become trained within 30 days of hire
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a substance abuse setting
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in an adult residential program
- Understanding of homelessness and issues of low-income, diverse populations
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, database and email
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality and HIPAA laws
- Ability to work productively with a high volume of traffic
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
Minimum Education Required