TITLE: Assistant Clinic Director
LOCATION: Norwalk Clinic
REPORTS TO: Clinic Director
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Part-time – 20 hours per week
About Americares Free Clinics:
The mission of the Americares Free Clinics is to provide quality health care to low-income, uninsured patients in a setting where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Americares opened its first clinic in 1994 to expand access to care for the working poor. Over the years our program has grown to become the largest free clinic network in the state with four locations serving 3,000 patients annually. Today, our clinics in Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford are the primary source of free medical care for the uninsured in Fairfield County.
The Assistant Director will function as the clinic director in his/her absence. In addition, the Assistant Director will assist the clinic director throughout clinic sessions, with follow-up and with special projects and other activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate professionalism and skill in working with staff and patients
- Follow up and continuity of patient care.
- Oversee the efficient and effective functioning of Clinic sessions.
- Process data collection forms
- Supervise, orient, train and evaluate the competency of clinic staff and volunteers.
- Enforce policy and procedures
- Ensure that assessment of patient eligibility and medical care is up to standards.
- Work with providers to furnish comprehensive medical services, including medications and referrals
- Responsible for special assignments and projects as designated by clinic director.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by Americares
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible and able to respond as needed.
- A team leader with excellent clinical skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage volunteer and employed staff
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a manner that is within the framework of Americares values being Collaborative...Accountable...Responsive...Effective
- Connecticut licensed registered nurse with minimum five years of experience in the adult health care field
- Strong clinical and management skills, ability to lead by example and make tough administrative decision.
- Proven ability to work compassionately in a fast-paced medical environment with a vulnerable patient population.
- Manage a volunteer staff that changes from session to session.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Team orientation; balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals
- High energy; even keeled temperament.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: https://americares.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=americares#/requisition/551