1025 Vermont Avenue
This is a shared position between the Senior Vice President for HR and Membership and the Vice President for Research and Director of the Pell Institute. This position will require the individual to provide support for both units.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for securing and distributing supplies for use in office and at events;
- Serve as point-of-contact for Building Management requests;
- Maintain security system to include codes for keypad entry, codes for alarm system, and communication with Security Company;
- Prepare documents for distribution at meetings that fall under purview of Senior Staff;
- Make all travel arrangements for Staff trips on behalf of the Council;
- Provide support on initiatives handed down by President; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the development of reports and issue briefs;
- Subscription and production management for the Post-secondary Education Opportunity Newsletter;
- Keeping the Pell website content up to date; and
- Provide logistical and research support to the Indicators Report and other projects.
Event Management Responsibilities:
- Assist staff in developing presentations;
- Provide organizing and logistical support for conferences such as the Student Financial Aid Research Network Conference (SFARN), COE Policy Seminar, COE Annual Conference, and National Student Leadership Congress; and
- Manage the Staff Schedule for Annual Conference and Policy Seminar.
Fair Share Responsibilities:
- Maintain list of Fair Share points-of-contact in the field;
- Create and distribute monthly Fair Share reports;
- Engage with points-of-contact to encourage activity;
- Process incoming contributions and memberships to ensure accurate entry; and
- Reply to all inbound requests in a timely manner.
iMIS Data Responsibilities
- Enter data in the iMIS database with high rate of accuracy;
- Manage the New Directors Initiative and distribute the New Directors Starter Kit; and
- Work with Business & Finance and Information Technology on items related to accurate record keeping.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Draft correspondence, memoranda, and reports;
- Contact publications to advertise job openings;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and interviews; and
- Maintain listings of current staff for internal use.
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years of equivalent experience required
- Past participation in TRIO Program preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- General computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines, and
- Ability to work with a diverse constituency
Minimum Education Required