65 Pinewood Road
PACE Career Academy Charter School SCIENCE TEACHER
TITLE: Science Teacher
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in science
2. Experience working with adolescents
REPORTS TO: Director
JOB GOAL: To develop in each pupil an awareness of the role of science in economic and social progress; to motivate each pupil to acquire knowledge of scientific facts and principles, and skills in scientific methods of problem solving; to discover and develop special talents of pupils in scientific fields.
1. Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through course in general science, earth sciences, biology, chemistry, physics, physiology, or science problems to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Plans a science program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes laboratory activities for optimum learning.
3. Provides individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils and to accommodate circumstances where a variety of projects and experiments are being worked on simultaneously.
4. To have a strong understanding of Scientific Principles of Engineering, using such tools as Robotics, and 3D printing,
5. Supporting a PACE Career Academy Robotics team
6. Provides for safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment, and tools. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to equipment as required.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions, laboratory sessions, and field trips.
8. Evaluates each pupil’s growth in knowledge, skills, and scientific attitudes in course being taught.
9. Selects and requests books, instructional aids, science equipment, chemical, and supplies, and maintains inventory records as required.
10. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
12. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
13. Performs other duties as may, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
100% single coverage medical and dental
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required