We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Graphic Designer to help us shape and tell the story of Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Graphic Designer maintains the Alliance’s visual communications efforts, overseeing the visual brand of the Times Square Alliance. This position supports multiple departments including Marketing, Communications, Public Art, Operations and Planning, Policy & Research and is responsible for creating all printed materials, programmatic advertisements, logos, signage and online graphics. This position may, as time and interest allow, work on additional design related projects and initiatives for the Alliance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and designing a variety of print and digital materials including advertisements, posters, logos, postcards, promotional items, invitations, annual reports, and other publications
- Overseeing and enforcing guidelines for the organization’s visual brand internally and externally
- Closely coordinating with the events team to update and generate design deliverables, timelines & execute on new/existing event creative
- Coordinating the inventory of all graphical work and Alliance photography/video for easy retrieval and backup
- Supporting web design efforts, including the design of website ads, banners, graphics and overseeing email marketing (e-newsletters) program
- Managing printing/mailing vendors, occasional oversight of consulting Graphic Design firm, and coordinating graphic design budget
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design
- 2-5 years of experience in web or print graphic design, either in an agency or in-house or freelance
- Must have mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Knowledge of printing and experience working directly with a printer is required
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and take directions from various people; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual planning, creative design, and typography skills and the ability to follow art direction and collaborate on layouts
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills, including handing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to shift priorities and work will under pressure; meeting tight deadlines; and reacting quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Photography, PowerPoint and Copywriting, simple video editing, and GIF creation experience is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at https://timessquarenyc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01ex7 with your resume, cover letter and samples of work.