We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need results-driven Middle School English Teachers to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love literature;
- Motivating students to think critically and take ownership over their own learning;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics;
- Teaching students to engage with compelling and complex texts;
- Instructing grammar, style, vocabulary, and rhetoric through scholar writing of authentic creative and informative pieces;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about literature and learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.