The Colorado Mountain Club is a 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to adventure, recreation, conservation and education. Founded in 1912, the CMC acts as a gateway to the mountains for novices and experts alike, offering an array of year-round activities, events and schools centered on outdoor recreation.
The Marketing Content Coordinator will work directly with the Publications Director to implement the organization’s brand strategy and present a unified voice across all communication channels. The candidate will be responsible for managing social media platform scheduling, drafting content for digital and traditional mediums, implementing e-mail marketing campaigns, and executing other marketing tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate should be a savvy, detail-oriented self-started with advanced working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and third-party email and social platforms. This exceptional storyteller will be a team player and have a demonstrated passion for the outdoors.
· Assist in the execution of a strategic plan to advance brand identity and broaden awareness of the Colorado Mountain Club
· Copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading content for press releases, blog and print articles, email newsletters, and social media posts
· Coordinate content and assemble email newsletters, mailings, and other external communications
· Social Media management across all platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter
· Curate articles, photos, and other content for publications, including the CMC blog
· Basic website maintenance, including working within a basic Content Management System and writing web copy for all CMC departments
· Assist in the collection of data and analytical reports across platforms
· Assist in creating graphics and content for social media posts, blog posts, signage and flyers
· Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications:
· Passion for the Colorado Mountain Club’s mission and vision
· Experience in marketing, PR, journalism, communications or related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including research, writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and visualization
· Must possess exceptional organizational skills, resulting in accurate content and never-missed deadlines; must be able to balance multiple demands and prioritize while showing continued attention to detail and accuracy
· Working knowledge of popular social media platforms
· Ability to work independently and as a team support
· Fundamental to intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite apps (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator)
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
· Possesses excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively with media, donors, corporate leaders, volunteers, clients and staff
· Strong knowledge of AP Style, the Chicago Manual of Style, or both
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, or similar field
· Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter, or similar role
· Hands-on experience with content management systems (e.g. Shopify)
Experience in the outdoor industry
The Colorado Mountain Club is a 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to adventure, recreation, conservation and education. Founded in 1912, the CMC acts as a gateway to the mountains for novices and experts alike…
This position is not eligible for health benefits. Colorado Mountain Club staff do get access to gear discounts, access to outdoor education classes, and a generous holiday/PTO schedule.
This position is not eligible for health benefits. Colorado Mountain Club staff do get access to gear discounts, access to outdoor education classes, and a generous holiday/PTO…