District of Columbia
ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian Public Charter School is located in the Nation’s Capital. We are a rigorous PreK - 8th grade school, which academically and socially prepares its diverse student population to be successful in an increasingly global and technology based society. We aim to do this by creating a secure high energy and hands on environment where students can be excited about the learning process. Our goals are to provide a thorough foundation of knowledge and create a lifelong love of learning.
For additional information about Meridian PCS visit mpcs-dc.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- For 2018-19, we are seeking teachers for PreK3 and PreK4. All positions are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions. Teachers at Meridian are responsible for the following:Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals
- Preparing standards-based lessons that challenge students’ critical thinking
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations
- Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
- Establish and implement effective classroom management procedures, and maintain productive, safe, and focused learning environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration or advanced degree in education preferred.
- Meet the appropriate grade level and subject area requirements to be deemed a Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) under the No Child Left Behind Act
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school teacher in an urban environment preferred
- Experience with technology and arts integration strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.