Details: Salary is based on grant work (one pays $15/hr, the other pays $20/hr)
205 S. Flower St.
Cayenne Wellness Center & Children's Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has two different missions. First, the health & wellness side at Cayenne Wellness Center is highly involved with persons diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). Cayenne Wellness Center offers free support groups and other services to persons with SCD and their caregivers.
Second, the Children's Foundation side is the Machao Orphanage Foundation, an orphanage based out of Makeuni, Kenya and dedicated to providing education, shelter, and sustainable food staples to more than 40 children.
The programs manager position is a 30 hour per week position from the office location. The position is to begin immediately after hire.
The ideal candidate
-will have at least one year's experience in a managerial capacity, event planning, and donor relations. This is a must.
-must have a passion for sickle cell disease.
-will have a passion for promoting health & wellness and education on both a domestic and global level.
-must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with major course work in areas of business, public health, environmental studies, ecology, and/or resource management.
-will have a passion for empowering marginalized populations, both locally and internationally.
-will be excited about supporting communities by providing access to educational and medical resources.
-is flexible with changing demands or new assignments, while keeping track of long term-tasks.
-can demonstrate experience working with racially, economically, and culturally diverse populations.
-love working on teams as much as working alone, and enjoy solving complex issues.
Overview of Programs Manager Position
The tasks of the Programs Manager fall under four primary categories: donor relations and development, volunteer management, administrative tasks, and social media/communications.
Daily / General
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Answering the phone
- Responding to general inquiries via email
- Scheduling appointments and conference calls
- Sending out mail
- Supporting the Executive Director with grants
- Identifying grant opportunities
- Editing/researching/revising grant applications
- Event Planning / Project Management
- Large and small scale events
- Identifying: transportation, food, lodging
- Coordinating with attendees
- Setting and tracking goals
- Working with team members to meet those goals
Cayenne Wellness Center
- Supporting/Managing a team of 5 Community Health Workers and Independent Contractors located across California
- Tracking CHW patient support
- Providing CHWs with resources
- Tracking hours and timesheets
- Volunteer management
- specific events or operational tasks
- Social media announcements
- Email announcements / newsletters
- Support group reminders
- Donor solicitation
- Database management
- Tracking donations
- Donor recognition and thanks
- Donor solicitation
- Communications / Social Media
- Social media announcements
- Monthly updates
- Volunteer Management
- Recruit and manage volunteers for specific events
- Recruit volunteers for operations such as: newsletters, grant research
- Event Planning
- Organize and plan for MACHAO’s two largest Volunteer Days
- Experience with international travel (missionary work, study abroad, Peace Corps or other volunteer programs)
- Experience with MAC OS (Apple computer) and Google Drive
-Bachelor’s degree in either Business, Public Health, Nonprofit Management, or similar fields
-2+ years experience working in a nonprofit setting
-1+ year in a managerial capacity with event planning, programs, or donor relations
-Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
-Excellent at tracking multiple assignments, deadlines, and prioritizing tasks
-Experience / familiarity with Salesforce
-Understanding of the grant writing process, either from employment or schoolwork
- Flexible, self-starter, get-it-done attitude
-Experience working with racially, economically, and culturally diverse populations
- Experience with social media portals such as: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
-Love working on teams as much as working alone, and enjoy solving complex issues
- Create travel itineraries
- Grant seeking & writing
- Strong project management skills managing several projects throughout the year to promote organization sustainability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The instructions below must be followed or your materials will not be reviewed. Thank you.
- Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample via email to Cassie Woods at - email@example.com.
- Subject line must read: Programs Manager (Your Name).
- Cover letter should emphasize:
- international travel experience, length of time, and one or two accomplishments during those travels.
- Managerial experience with event planning or programs
- Relevant operational, technical, or writing skills
We're also happy to answer any questions you may have regarding job opportunity at the email address listed above. Please do not call the office at this time. We will call you if we have any questions. We also invite you to peruse our websites in advance of applying: www.machaoorphanage.org and www.cayennewellness.org.