We Have an Exciting Opportunity:
GSHNJ is seeking a Girl Experience Program Specialist to join our Mission Delivery team.
The Girl Experience Program Specialist assists in achieving the council’s overall goals by developing, coordinating, and delivery high-quality, relevant events, and resources for girls ages 5-17 as driven by Girl Scout programming philosophy, funding requirements, market needs, and current trends.
This position can be based out of any one of our three service centers, but will primarily provide programs to Hunterdon, Warren, Somerset, and parts of Union counties.
Here’s What You Will Be Doing:
- Researching and developing, relevant, innovative, engaging, and diverse experiences for girls ages 5-17.
- Interpreting the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) philosophy and the council’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Effectively delivering the GSLE through the planning, budgeting, administration, and delivery of programs and events on a range of topics relevant to girls.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers and community partners as necessary for the successful delivery of programs and events.
- Working closely with supervisor and functional team to determine strategies for productive planning and delivery of girl programs and events, based on relevant market data, funding requirements, and overall departmental goals.
Is this you?
- B.A. or equivalent of three or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrating effective facilitation and presentation skills; understands when and how to modify presentations for different audiences
- Promoting retention and transfer of knowledge or skills by using Girl Scouts’ program delivery methodologies and appropriate use of technology
- Flexibility to shift work hours as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Superior prioritization and adaptability skills, as you will be coordinating multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail when planning, implementing, and reporting on programs and events
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-browsing software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications as necessary
- Valid driver’s license/current insurance and access to a reliable vehicle is needed for travel within Council jurisdiction
Preferred skills, but not required:
- Youth leadership and development
- Event planning
- Familiarity with Salesforce software and applications
Our Work Environment:
GSHNJ’s service area covers all of Hudson, Essex, Union, Somerset, Hunterdon, and portions of Middlesex and Warren counties. GSHNJ operates offices in Montclair, Westfield, and North Branch, NJ; and maintains camp properties in Maplewood, Hillsborough, and Middleville, NJ. Employee meetings and work events may be held in any of these locations or others throughout council jurisdiction.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, along with a comfortable work environment. If you’re interested in learning more about this exciting role, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D