Girls Incorporated of New York City delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. Girls Incorporated of New York City is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Incorporated, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
Nature of Position
GINYC is looking for a full time Program Coordinator for our DYCD OST (Out of School Time) after school program for middle school girls. Through unique and intentional programs, girls have opportunities to explore and advance in all areas of their lives. Program activities encompass Science, Technology, Sports & Movement, Leadership, Careers & Life Planning, Literacy and Art & Self-Expression. The Program Coordinator will create and maintain relationships with girls, families, school staff and partner agencies; ensure the safety of all students; oversee the database management; and create, plan and execute special events.
● Minimum of 2 years experience coordinating after school programs.
● Bachelor’s degree required in related field.
● A self-starter with the ability to work as a team player and foster cooperative work.
● Strong Leadership skills
● Ability to create, develop and maintain relationships with partner school and agencies.
● Ability to ensure and prioritize safety of students - facilitate mediations, track absent students and program dismissal.
● Effective problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution skills that follow youth development principles.
● Oversee online database management, ensure attendance is distributed and entered daily.
● Ability to create and coordinate special events, parent engagement events, school holiday programming, and field trips.
● Ability to identify needs of girls to determine program content and delivery with Site Director.
● Ability to facilitate Girls Inc. programs with groups of 15-20 girls in grades 6 through 9 when direct service staff is absent.
● Must have the ability to set up space and maintain structures that work to overcome discrimination against girls and young women on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
● Must be available to work Monday through Friday 10am – 6pm or later, as well as have flexibility for some nights and weekend hours.
● Experience working in single-sex, gender equity programs is preferred.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, medical insurance, & 403(b) plan
Girls Inc. of NYC is an equal opportunity employer. Women of color and LGBTQ persons are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Girls Incorporated of New York City delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead…
Medical and dental insurance
Medical and dental insurance