321 East 25th Street
Company Overview: The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods.
The Housing Specialist will provide pre-purchase counseling services, foreclosure prevention counseling services and comprehensive financial coaching to individuals seeking to improve and stabilize their housing situations. The Housing Specialist will help develop and implement curriculum for workshops hosted in the community and at St. Ambrose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview clients in a confidential manner to obtain basic information about the clients and housing needs or problems.
- Assist clients in creating and analyzing a family budget, identify goals and create action plans that will help the client implement sustainable behavior changes required for them reach their goals.
- Stay current on issues relevant to mortgage lending, refinance, changes in foreclosure laws and the availability of resources and special programs in the greater Baltimore region.
- Evaluate client eligibility for loss mitigation options and other alternatives to avert foreclosure.
- Act as a liaison between the homeowner and loan servicer to ensure that the homeowner understands the status and outcome of any denial or workout solution as it relates to foreclosure.
- Conduct homeownership, financial education, and foreclosure prevention presentations to groups such as community organizations, PTAs, religious or social committees, etc.
- Assist in marketing the services available through the Program.
- Provide one-on-one, homeownership counseling to 6-10 homebuyers per week and manage a small pipeline of foreclosure prevention clients. Both services include financial coaching when needed.
- Knowledgeable of all related programs, partners, as well as all products, local programs and assistance available to help clients select those best suited for their needs.
- Facilitate workshops which may take place during work hours, at night or on the weekends.
- Research activities in the real estate, lending and related markets.
- Participate in policy recommendations.
- Maintain and monitor clients’ files and database.
- Write reports and correspondence as needed.
- Comply with all requirements of contracts and agreements. Works within required state and federal guidelines; follows agency policies/procedures in all areas.
- Secure and/or maintain individual certification as a Foreclosure Intervention and Default counselor, Financial Coach and Homeownership Educator.
- Uphold high organizational standards. Performs related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested
Skills and Abilities:
- Three years of related experience in housing, lending, or real estate desired.
- Bachelor Degree or related experience required.
- Certifications from NeighborWorks America Center for Homeownership Education Counseling –NCHEC OR HUD certifications a plus.
- Strong communication, counseling, and computer skills a must.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Solid judgment; critical thinking, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function either independently or as an active team member
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
Group insurance (health, dental, vision,life.); short and long term disability income protection; retirement benefits; ; tuition reimbursement; sick leave; vacation; paid holidays;maternity and paternity leave
Level of Language Proficiency
English- Spanish speaking a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Human Resources
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc.
321 East 25th Street
Baltimore MD 21218 Or via email to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter.