2840 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Position: Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) is looking for a strategic, organized, and energetic leader like you to join our development team! Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Development and Communications Associate directs the planning and implementation of LSNA’s fundraising events, oversees donor data management, and implements individual giving campaigns. This role serves as a valuable resource for the development team by ensuring fundraising events are successful, individual donors are engaged, and systems are in place to track and manage gifts.
- Conceptualize, plan, and direct the operational and fundraising aspects of LSNA’s “I Love Logan Square”, 5k, raffle, and any other events that may be developed to raise financial support for LSNA.
- Secure sponsorships throughout year and for specific fundraising events.
- Target two Annual Appeals, segmenting individual donor requests as appropriate.
- Liaise with LSNA’s Board of Directors and Members Action Council (MAC) regarding board pledges and MAC dues. Collects dues from LSNA member groups and issues reminder invoices as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the development team and take on special projects, as needed, to advance fundraising priorities.
Database Management and Donor Tracking:
- Support overall development efforts by managing the donor database and generating reports.
- Ensure all contracts and other materials are scanned and saved as appropriate.
- Conduct tracking of all requests and contributions, providing timely donor acknowledgement letters and communication.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all contributions and pledges.
- Manage all mailing and contact lists ensuring their accuracy.
- Organize and prepare attachments for proposals.
- Prepare proposals for mailing.
- Write reports against funded proposals as needed, collaborating with program staff.
- Collect community data and compile program stories (both video and written) and outcomes for grant proposals, marketing materials, and annual report.
- Coordinate and distribute quarterly e-newsletters. Manage and update mailing lists.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of previous fundraising experience. Experience with coordinating events preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Expertise/experience in MS Word and Excel. Experience with mail merge and Fund EZ database or similar is a plus.
- Capacity to see the “big picture” and manage details simultaneously. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with and effectively engage diverse sets of constituents, including senior management, board members, students, teachers, businesses, and donors.
- Interest in/commitment to grassroots, community-based social justice work. Spanish speaker a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- 32 hours a week (with benefits), with possibility for full-time work.
- Opportunity for flex time schedule, dependent on job responsibilities/events. Some evening and weekend work required.
- Competitive pay with medical, dental, FSA. Generous paid and sick time off.
- Casual work environment; committed to work-life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Send résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com
- Please write “Associate” then your name (Last, First) in the subject line of your email.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Candidates will be considered immediately and the position begins as soon as possible.