CHILDREN AT RISK is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented and self-motivated team member who will help lead the fundraising efforts in the North Texas region for a nationally recognized, Texas-based, non-profit organization. The Assistant Director will join a small, driven, and dynamic team and will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and the Managing Director of the North Texas Office in the area of donor acquisition and stewardship, with an emphasis on communications. This position is based in Dallas, TX.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for a portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation donors to help meet team fundraising goals.
- Help lead the fundraising efforts and special event committee management for our Night In Gala Event in NTX to meet fundraising goal.
- Manage donor relationships through scheduling and leading meetings, collaborating on annual fundraising appeals, and prospect identification and research.
- Support the engagement of the NTX Advisory Board with fundraising efforts, including identification of new Board members and the development and management of the NTX Development Committee.
- Ensure effective stewardship of new and existing donors to maximize donor potential and ensure donor retention.
- Produce regular online and print communications including donor appeals and event marketing.
- Leverage social media, in cooperation with the Houston team, to increase our presence online.
- Collaborate in the management of our donor database, Donor Perfect, and donor files to include regular updates, scrubbing and reporting, fully maximizing technology to ensure all relevant details are captured for posterity.
- Work with program staff to create issue specific messaging and advocacy alerts.
- Process gifts and provide donor acknowledgement in a timely and enthusiastic manner.
- Attend regular development team meetings and provide weekly reports for development team, tracking gifts and stewardship efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer and Managing Director.
About CHILDREN AT RISK
CHILDREN AT RISK is an active research and advocacy group dedicated to improving the quality of life of children through research, public policy analysis, community education, and collaboration. Our focus is on the whole child with significant work in ending child trafficking, strengthening public education, implementing evidence based parenting programs, and increasing access to and use of federally funded meal programs. We are the leading source of accurate information on children’s issues and an advocate and catalyst for change concerning the needs of all children.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- BA/BS required.
- Expertise with Donor Perfect or donor management software.
- Expertise with Office 365.
- Ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member.
- Strong presentation/communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Project management experience with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accurate, confidential donor records.
- A strong work ethic, an outgoing personality and a zeal for relationship building are all considered a plus for this position.
- A history of commitment to children, innovative public policy, and positive change preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and a list of three references via e-mail to Dr. Charlotte Carlisle at: Development-Jobs@childrenatrisk.org Please include the words “Assistant Director - Development” in the subject line. The application deadline is rolling with applications being reviewed upon receipt.
CHILDREN AT RISK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, ancestry, color, race, ethnicity or creed.
CHILDREN AT RISK receives a high volume of resumes and reviews every candidate closely. As such, candidates will only be contacted if they are selected for an interview.