Illinois Legal Aid Online LiveHelp VISTA Program Coordinator
- Job posted by Illinois Legal Aid Online
Details: Living allowance of $1,084/month
120 S. LaSalle
The LiveHelp program increases the ability of IllinoisLegalAid.org visitors to find legal information and forms to resolve their own legal issues if they cannot afford or find a lawyer. The LiveHelp Program Coordinator manages a robust volunteer program that provides direct, person-to-person, online help so that people in need of legal assistance can obtain more positive outcomes to their legal problems. The Program Coordinator is an Americorps VISTA position, hosted at the award-winning, not-for-profit, Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO).
ILAO's mission is to increase access to justice for lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents through the innovative use of technology to assist and educate the public and to train and support legal aid providers and pro bono attorneys.
The term of service for this VISTA position is one year, from 06/22/2018 to 06/21/2019.
Program Coordinator Duties:
- Manage 30-40 active volunteers
- Plan and conduct LiveHelp Operator training sessions
- Coordinate volunteer schedule
- Support volunteers through email and online chat
- Create and implement volunteer incentives
- Supervise volunteer performance and provide timely, constructive feedback
- Create and share monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Serve as LiveHelp Operator as needed
- Evaluate the program and implement steps to expand and improve the program
- Maintain the volunteer portal and constituent management system (SalesForce)
- Participate in staff and other meetings and professional development opportunities
Living allowance ($1,084/mo.), choice of Education Award ($5,920) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800) and Non-Competitive Eligibility status upon successful completion of service, housing supplement ($200/mo.), transit pass ($100/mo.), healthcare allowance, life insurance, relocation payment if eligible, and professional development opportunities. Visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare for details about VISTA healthcare benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit the My AmeriCorps portal to review the complete listing and to apply.