District of Columbia
HarvestPlus seeks a highly-motivated Program Associate to join our team. The successful candidate will be mission-driven, versatile, and able to perform a range of duties in a dynamic and innovative environment. This non-exempt position is a one-year, fixed-term appointment, and is renewable contingent upon continued satisfactory performance and program funding. The position is located at HarvestPlus headquarters in Washington, DC.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals while providing global leadership on evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. The HarvestPlus program is coordinated by two of these centers, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
The Program Associate will support the Research and Development division, in addition to assisting with various organizational projects and initiatives.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Travel and Meeting/Event Administration
- Assist DC-based staff and their collaborators with international travel arrangements. This includes arranging itineraries, purchasing air tickets, preparing visa applications, performing travel-related research, booking accommodation, drafting visa letters and invitations, and processing and tracking post-travel paperwork and payments.
- Serve as logistics point person for meetings and events. This includes reserving meeting rooms, ordering catering services, liaising with Facilities Services and IT Services for room setup and IT needs, compiling/printing meeting materials, taking notes if needed, and communicating logistics information to participants. Support for meetings based outside the US includes selecting appropriate venue/hotel, and negotiating contracts inclusive of meeting support services to be provided by venue staff.
- Coordinate arrangements for visitors to DC headquarters such as office reservation, keys, hotel accommodation, and travel arrangements if needed.
Program and Office Administration
- Assist with the development and coordination of a wide range of organizational projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing staff engagement and improving internal communication and coordination.
- Regularly update and maintain administration databases, staff records, and online staff resources.
- Provide office support as needed, including ordering office supplies, preparing international shipments, reporting and following up on maintenance and/or IT issues, processing invoices and credit card bills, editing/formatting documents, purchasing workplace materials/equipment, etc.
Research and Development Support
- Support the collection, distribution, and promotion of research findings. Activities include:
- Assist project leaders with tracking collaborator contract deliverables to ensure timely submission of key outputs.
- Liaising with partners and/or event staff to finalize symposium logistics, secure exhibit space, etc.
- Formatting PowerPoint presentations and conference posters for both technical and general audiences.
- Formatting reports and journal articles as needed.
- Collect, label, and maintain collection of key documents and presentations to support the Nutrition team’s knowledge management needs.
- Organize virtual and in-person quarterly division meetings. Support includes ensuring meeting materials are compiled/updated, circulating and finalizing agendas, and taking/circulating meeting notes.
- Update and maintain travel and event calendars to facilitate timely information sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of administration work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details.
- Must exhibit polished customer service skills to be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including board members and external contacts.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Efficient, flexible, and able to quickly adapt and adjust work to resolve pressing issues.
- Experience and/or interest in international development, nutrition, agriculture, and/or crop development.
- Highly proficient with computers and related software, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent typing skills required: 50-65 wpm preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel internationally if needed.
- Experience working or living outside the US.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click on the following link to access the Program Associate job application: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IFPRI&cws=1&rid=1755