Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For 25 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 163 fiscally-sponsored projects and 15 initiatives and manages roughly $44 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners seeks a full time non-exempt Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Senior Finance Associate, this position will be responsible for supporting the Finance and Administration team in activities pertaining to revenue donations, payroll and other duties as assigned.
· Review, code, and process all online donations for 140 sponsored projects
· Cross-train as backup to review, code and process all cash and check receipts
· Download weekly wire reports from CashPro. Work with Grants staff for allocation of funds
· Process matching donations
· Inform project leader of all donations received from Paypal
· Cross-train as backup to set-up online donation pages, accounts, and codes for projects.
· Send out a monthly report of all online revenues to project leaders
· Send out acknowledgement letters
· Prepare a report reconciling all online donations from multiple platforms
· Prepare donor acknowledgement letters
· Prepare and file quarterly Board of Equalization taxes
· Assist Senior Payroll staff to process timesheets
· Send Paychex login to new employees
· Assist employees with questions on inputting timesheet
· Create journal entries for end-of-month activities as needed
· Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing other duties as needed
· Must possess basic finance, accounting or payroll knowledge, preferably in a nonprofit environment
· Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail required
· Knowledge of Word, Excel, Paychex, Salesforce and Accufund desirable
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree with 1-2 years equivalent work experience
The employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, frequently required to walk and stand. The employee must also use his/her hands to operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally climb, stoop, kneel or bend. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform essential job duties.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to: Jobs@CommunityPartners.org. Please include “Finance Assistant” and your name in the subject line of your email.