Position Description: The Operations Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and will also work closely with the Manager of Programs and Membership. The position will have core responsibilities in the areas of event planning, program support, financial management, communications and special projects. Specific duties include:
· Managing the planning and logistics for all IHC events, including the annual conference, golf outing, networking events, mixers and virtual webinars. Identifying and securing venues and vendors; ordering set-up, supplies and catering; producing signage and marketing materials.
· Serving as the dedicated IHC point-person and overseeing member communications regarding member benefits and renewals, events, and finances and advising members on these issues. Managing the membership database best practices and maintenance.
· Identifying, developing, and exploring opportunities for IHC to improve its current events, programs and membership benefits with the Manager of Programs and Membership.
· Developing the content for IHC’s bi-weekly e-newsletter. Managing IHC’s website and social media accounts. Creating communications materials to support IHC’s strategic priorities including case studies, fact sheets, and marketing materials. Coordinating with graphic design consultants as needed.
· Managing day-to-day bookkeeping using QuickBooks, maintaining proper records for efficient and clear reporting, as well as processing of invoices/payments/deposits.
· Assisting with the preparation of and adherence to the IHC annual budget and preparing financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Optimizing office procedures and programs, and working with the Executive Director to identify and implement operational efficiencies and cost savings. Serving as the liaison to outside consultants for office operations.
· Participating regularly in IHC Committee meetings. Contributing to special projects for the Membership & Events Committee and IHC Legislative Committee.
· Providing general office support when needed, including but not limited to: answering and directing calls and e-mails, copying materials, making travel arrangements and hotel reservations.
· Other responsibilities to be determined based on the needs of the organization and the skills and experience of the chosen applicant.
This position is a key member of a small team and the chosen applicant will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the organization.
Position Description: The Operations Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and will also work closely with the Manager of Programs and Membership. The position will have core responsibilities in the areas of event…
· We offer a competitive benefits package including health/dental (100% insurance premium paid for employee), SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance and access to pre-tax transit, FSA and dependent care accounts.
· We offer a competitive benefits package including health/dental (100% insurance premium paid for employee), SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance and access to pre-tax…
Qualifications and Skills:
· The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience in the nonprofit operations, event planning, or association management field.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Experience in event planning
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Experience with QuickBooks and Word Press preferred
· Ability to work independently, take initiative, utilize independent decision-making, and exercise discretion in daily responsibilities
· Comfortable working as a member of a small team
· Interest in affordable housing/community development preferred
IHC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives and abilities to apply.
Qualifications and Skills:
· The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience in the nonprofit operations, event planning, or association management…
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.