740 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Job Title: Voter Engagement Program Director
Reports to: Director of Civic Engagement
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (LCVEF) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCVEF, in collaboration with our state LCVEF partners, advocates for strong environmental protections, and builds and amplifies the voices of communities of color and other key constituencies who are disproportionately impacted by environmental issues.
LCVEF’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color, among other key constituencies for the environment, is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that promote equity and inclusion.
Over the last three election cycles, LCVEF has established a track record of success running top-quality nonpartisan voter registration efforts. Since our first program in 2012, we have helped nearly 900,000 individuals register to vote. LCVEF and many state leagues partners have also prioritized increasing our efforts to protect and promote voting rights. These issues are central to the success of environmental priorities, and are therefore, central to the success of the conservation voter’s movement. Moving into 2018, LCVEF expects significant and sustained growth within its Civic Engagement program.
LCVEF is seeking a Voter Engagement Program Director who has strong experience in management, advocacy organizing, voter registration and executing programs at scale. This person will oversee a growing multi-state site-based voter registration effort. This will involve hiring, training and developing staff, as well as managing day-to-day activities necessary to successfully accomplish program goals. We are looking for a creative, motivated leader with an organizing background who is goal-driven and detail-oriented.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Civic Engagement, national LCVEF staff and state affiliates to develop, implement and evaluate site-based voter registration programs in at least six states.
- Assist state affiliates in hiring, training and managing their voter registration program staff. Support their efforts to execute programs and build partnerships.
- Help to develop and test effective and new organizing and mobilizing strategies and tools that helps build the voice and power of communities and leaders.
- Analyze and prepare reports on program progress for state affiliates, LCVEF leadership and provide timely updates for grant reports and other donor-related needs.
- Draft and manage campaign and program plans and budgets. Ensure that all program goals and metrics are achieved and that programs are run within the allotted budget.
- Ensure compliance and reporting of all activities working with Legal and Finance departments and state affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience working on elections, voter registration and get-out-the-vote, preference given to programs focused in communities of color.
- Direct supervisory experience and effective management of teams in multiple geographies.
- Experience managing complex program budgets and metric-driven campaigns.
- Experience working with coalitions and developing partnerships to advance shared goals preferred.
- Experience working with 501(c)(3) organizations and coalitions preferred
- Experience working with a national organization who has state affiliates or chapters is a plus.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities of color participation in U.S. democracy.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including ability to write and implement comprehensive voter participation program and advocacy plans
- Ability to represent LCVEF to a variety of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Exceptional leadership, supervision, management and coaching skills including managing remote staff.
- Commitment to measuring and tracking progress and outcomes.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- Experience working with databases like VAN.
- Reliable, consistent, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Self-aware, emotionally intelligent and culturally competent.
Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Must also have a complex understanding of priorities in communities of color, cultures and potential for effective civic engagement.
Ability to work evenings, travel extensively, and work overtime with little notice. This position will often require non-traditional hours and will involve work on the weekends. The location of this position is flexible.
LCVEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Racial Justice, Equity and an Inclusive Workplace
Full Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Voter Engagement Program Director” in the subject line by April 6, 2018.