Genesys Works seeks a dynamic front-line fundraiser who will lead efforts to secure financial support from corporations and foundations in the Chicago area. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, this position is responsible for helping develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan and executing strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit corporations and foundations for financial support.
Proposal, Content, and Report Development
- Develops and writes high-quality grant applications and renewals; with key input from the program team and other staff.
- Guides the timely submission of grant proposals ensuring all requests are accurately formatted and include all required information, including budgets and other materials.
- Coordinates with relevant staff to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals before submission deadlines.
- Works with the National Development Operations team, Director of External Affairs, and program staff to develop methodologies and data tracking to ensure accurate reporting for funders.
- Completes impact reports to our major foundation and corporate donors by working with the other teams to track outcomes, collect youth impact stories, and financial reporting requirements.
- May work with the Director of External Affairs on proposals, presentations, solicitations, and other reports.
Opportunity and Stakeholder Management
- Conducts cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities for corporate and foundation funders. Tracks current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensures stewardship to guarantee continued funding.
- Maintains accurate records, including grant calendar, and achieves monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Conducts targeted research to identify new institutional funders and help grow the Genesys Works portfolio of funders.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director, Director of External Affairs, and Board of Directors to support and leverage meetings with funders and prospects.
- Serves as a member of the External Affairs team, contributing to and supporting Genesys Works overall fundraising strategy.
- Represents Genesys Works in internal and external meetings with various stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience; demonstrated success in donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with budgeting and budget development.
- Experience using relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful gift closure.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors and interact via telephone and in-person.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships across constituencies.
- Demonstrated success in organizing work, meeting strict deadlines, and setting priorities.
- Experience using donor/relationship management software to track grants, establish goals and generate reports (experience with Salesforce preferred).
- Passion for and understanding of Genesys Works' mission within the workforce development and educational space.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office platforms required.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; reaching; stooping; kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $55,000. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage and 403(b) retirement plan.