Full Time Temporary
Details: salary will be commensurate with experience
Teach music as a Broadway's Babies Fellow at the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project in Tamil-Nadu, India. Shanti Bhavan’s mission is to develop the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children of India’s “lowest caste” by providing them with a world class education and instilling globally shared values to enable them to earn careers of their choice. Funded through the efforts of the Broadway community, Broadway's Babies provides primary music instructors for choir, private piano and voice lessons, and elementary music education classes.
- Curriculum building and lesson planning for approximately ten 40-minute general music education classes each week for students in grades 2-5.
- Curriculum building and lesson planning for approximately twenty half-hour private lessons each week for students in grades 6-12.
- Curriculum building and lesson planning for three (3) choir rehearsals each week.
- Planning and teaching age-appropriate and culturally-appropriate lessons that focus on the development of soft skills.
- Preparing choir performances as requested and needed by school administration.
- Regular collaboration and communication with Shanti Bhavan and Broadway's Babies staff members.
- Support and implementation of school-wide behavior management techniques in the classroom.
- Support and implementation of Broadway's Babies methodology and pedagogical techniques in the classroom.
- Implementation of Broadway's Babies evaluation tools in the classroom.
- Full participation in Broadway's Babies and Shanti Bhavan training sessions.
- Full participation in Broadway's Babies post-program surveys.
Currently looking for a teacher (minimum 3 months commitment) starting June 2018.
You can learn more about the school at www.shantibhavanchildren.org
All travel expenses to and from India and visa fee will be covered by Fellowship. Room & Board provided by Shanti Bhavan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested please send resume to email@example.com