5501 Old York Rd
Paley - One
This position is for a full time social worker to provide direct services in an outpatient HIV clinic with special focus on insurance counseling. Duties include:
- Provide comprehensive social work services in outpatient HIV clinic, including counseling, psychoeducation, psychosocial problem-solving, and appropriate referrals
- Provide insurance counseling and enrollment assistance to un- and underinsured patients living with HIV/AIDS
- Meet with patients who have insurance concerns or who have been identified as financially at-risk.
- Monitor uninsured patients and target uninsured patients with outreach and insurance assistance. Maintain financial documentation of sliding fee scale and cap on charges per the current grant protocols.
- Assist patients in enrolling and re-enrolling in special pharmaceutical programs.
- Complete and submit reports to funders on uninsured patient population
- Work with Administrative Coordinator to reconcile patient bills in error
- Interact with representatives from insurance companies (HMO’s and private insurance and medical assistance) to expedite insurance coverage, assist in completion of enrollment forms.
- Act as a patient advocate in dealing with issues concerning billing and covered services
- Revise insurance literature and patient education materials on insurance and the Affordable Care Act
- Update and train staff on insurance changes and developments at the national and local levels
- Network with insurance navigators and enrollment assisters at partner community agencies to develop referral network
- Document service delivery according to protocols (entry into EMR and CAREWare)
- Engage HIV infected/affected patients in basic HIV/AIDS disease management education; and provide harm reduction to partners and family of infected persons
- Administer HIV testing on a walk-in basis
- Re-engage HIV infected patients lost to care and connect them to community support to access consistent medical care
- Make recommendations for improving systems, policies and procedures. Participate in projects to improve efficiency at the office. Incorporate new policies and procedures into daily responsibilities
- Conduct psychosocial assessments with new patients and provide appropriate referrals including to medical case management, partner services, dental and medical specialty care, and mental health services.
- Enhance positive healthcare outcomes and community awareness about HIV/AIDS, impacting community health through education, linkage, referrals and direct service delivery.
- Identify effective methods to support and retain clients in health care.
Bachelors degree required, master’s degree in social work or health related field and/or minimum two years experience working in HIV health care preferred. Certification in HIV Testing/Counseling required (possible after hire).
- Must have prior experience in direct services and health insurance billing/navigation.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Competent computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Comprehensive benefits provided
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Aviva Joffe - firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available immediately.