Details: We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
1200 U Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Public Welfare Foundation, a private, national grantmaking foundation with assets of more than $480 million based in Washington, DC, is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President. As the Executive Assistant to the President, you will report to the President & CEO, but work closely with the Foundation’s program staff and Board of Directors.
The Public Welfare Foundation supports efforts to advance justice and opportunity for people in need. These efforts honor the Foundation’s core values of racial equity, economic well-being and fundamental fairness for all. The Foundation looks for strategic points where its funds can make a significant difference and improve lives through policy and system reform that results in transformative change. In its 70-year history, the Foundation has distributed more than $570 million in grants to more than 4,800 organizations. With current assets of more than $480 million, Public Welfare makes grants nationwide and focuses its grant making in some difficult, and often overlooked, social justice areas where it believes it can serve as a catalyst for reform. Its main programs are Criminal Justice, Youth Justice, and Workers’ Rights. For more information, please visit our web site at www.publicwelfare.org.
About the position:
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will provide primary support for the President & CEO’s office. In addition, you will provide overall administrative support to the Foundation’s program staff and Board of Directors.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as the primary contact and support person for the President & CEO’s office. Overseeing the President & CEO’s schedule; drafting correspondence, managing travel and handling and routing routine phone calls. Managing logistics for events sponsored by the Foundation’s President & CEO;
- Supporting the Foundation’s Board of Directors by serving as the staff liaison to the Board and its Committee structure, assisting with travel and accommodation arrangements, processing and monitoring trustee grants, organizing the logistics of Board meetings including material preparation and special events;
- Maintaining and updating the Foundation’s official documents, minutes of Board and Committee meetings, and compiling and maintaining Board books including orientation books for new Directors;
- Updating/editing the content of the Foundation’s website, including drafting and undertaking research for web stories. Maintaining and building email list for electronic newsletter and Annual Report, monitoring web statistics.
Additional skills and qualities we seek in an ideal candidate are:
- College degree or commiserate experience.
- At least four years administrative experience which includes supporting a senior-level manager; demonstrated attention to accuracy and detail; experience with meeting and travel arrangements, event planning and logistics, and answering and screening phone calls.
- Strong administrative skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to exercise discretion; experience in setting priorities and balancing a diverse workload; demonstrated reliability, attention to detail including composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Proficiency with the internet, basic HTML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, database software and phone systems; experience with website content management and social networking tools.
- Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks and work with several individuals, including Board members; highly organized; professional demeanor, congeniality and tact; interest in social welfare issues desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Public Welfare Foundation, 1200 U Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. Applications are to be submitted via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application submission is Friday, April 20, 2018.