22 Cortlandt Street
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The HR Associate will perform a variety of administrative and analytical duties of moderate difficulty. They include, but are not limited to, recruitment, time and leave accruals, HRIS, benefits, and completion of compliance reports, to ensure smooth daily operations of the HR department.
- Tracking timesheets on a semi-monthly basis and maintaining time & leave accruals for all FPHNY employees. Assisting employees with any inquiries on their timesheets and leave balances.
- Assists Director of Human Resources with recruitment for open positions including reviewing job descriptions, posting to websites, tracking, screening, forwarding resumes to program partners, and creating/maintaining recruitment files.
- Organizes employee personnel files and other HR related documents.
- After orientation, conducts E-Verify background checks on all new hires and emailing new hires post orientation forms (ie., timesheets, vacation and personal day request) and personnel policy.
- Inputs and maintains confidential personnel and payroll information in the HRIS. Run reports and queries as necessary. Maintain all staff spreadsheet.
- Ensures employee enrollment materials are received and processed according to insurance carrier deadlines via Carrier Connection and/or directly with health insurance vendors.
- Creates and maintains new employee orientation packets, benefit materials, employee handbook and other informational materials for the organization.
- Ability to communicate employee benefits in a clear, concise manner
- Prepares exit interview information for exiting employees
- Processes monthly invoices from insurance providers, reviewing invoices for accuracy. Resolves discrepancies with carriers.
- Ensures all Human Resources related invoices are paid in a timely manner via Microix.
- Represents the Fund for Public Health in New York at network events such as career fairs (Columbia, NYU and other schools).
- Acts as a point person in receiving and resolving employee complaints related to insurance benefits, referring difficult issues to the Director of Human Resources, HR Generalist, Call Center and/or benefit insurance broker.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources in obtaining statistics and information required for Executive Director, monthly DOHMH reports, and reports which support the renewal process of insurance policies.
- In partnership with the Human Resources Generalist and Director of Human Resources, assists with coordinating and hosting open enrollment meetings for employees. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange on-site presentations by providers.
- Assists with the HR Auditing and complying with all the necessary paperwork.
- Provides background screening companies with employment verifications
- Works with TalentHub and Forum staffing agency to onboard temporary employees.
- Maintains FPHNYC’s Intranet site. Uploads new HR related documents.
- Assists with special projects as needed
· BA/BS degree in Human Resource Management or related field strongly preferred. Some HR related experience (internship or work) required
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS time and attendance system
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, acts with a sense of urgency
· Strong attention to detail, good time-management skills and able to meet deadlines
· Must have a positive demeanor, be a strong team player, very patient, flexible and able to deal with many employee requests in a professional manner
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “FPHNYC HR Associate_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.