The Museum of the City of New York celebrates and interprets the city, educating the public about its distinctive character, especially its heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation. Founded in 1923 as a private, nonprofit corporation, the Museum connects the past, present, and future of New York City. It serves the people of New York and visitors from around the world through exhibitions, school and public programs, publications, and collections.
The Museum seeks an IT Technician to support the day-to-day technology needs of the organization including, but not limited to, troubleshooting issues on desktop applications, custom applications, computer hardware, assisting with installing and maintaining the Museum’s computer network, software, audio-video equipment, gallery/exhibition applications, and new media projects. This position reports to the Manager, Information Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, and printing issues
· Perform upgrades, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of printers, tablets, workstations, and workstations operating systems including Windows 10, iPadOS, and macOS Environments
· Field incoming helpdesk requests and ad-hoc queries as the first point of contact
· Coordinate service calls for new or malfunctioning equipment with appropriate vendors
· Ensure all technical support issues are logged in Spiceworks ticketing system
· Build and rebuild desktops and laptops using Clonezilla imaging software
· Provide on-the-spot training to end users on all system-related needs
· Assist in maintaining hardware and software for exhibitions.
· Assist with hardware disposal
· Perform password resets and workstation management in Active Directory/Azure AD
· Research and provide technical support and installation of software and hardware upgrades;
· Setup equipment in conference rooms including Polycom conference phones, laptops, and projectors
· Ensure end-user compliance with IT policies and procedures
· Effectively communicates progress and status of tickets and IT service requests to departments and end-users
· Participate in special projects as assigned
· Assist with the technical setup for special events / public programs as necessary
· Provide the highest quality of service in order to reduce reworking of work orders
· Perform other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or certificate in Information systems and combination of relevant experience.
· 2 years of experience of relevant IT support preferred
· Ability to manage multiple projects, problem solve and contribute input to improve outcomes
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others
· Provide exemplary customer service, feedback, and suggestions in a tactful, respectful way.
· Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when interacting with end-users
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in busy open floorplan settings which include office settings, outdoors, museum galleries, and exhibition spaces with the possibility of work in close proximity to others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The Museum of the City of New York is committed to fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment with a staff as diverse as New York City and the audiences who are curious about learning more about its history and engaging in contemporary urban issues. Our staff members are dedicated to working towards a common goal: creating the most dynamic and inspiring city museum in the world.
The Museum of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the museum provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination with respect to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identification or expression, marital status, military status or veteran, national origin, political association, political/personal convictions, predisposing genetic characteristics, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and style), religion (including attire, clothing or facial hair worn in accordance with religious requirements), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and transgender status), sexual orientation, socio-economic status, geographic location, philosophies, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. The museum complies with applicable state and local law governing nondiscrimination in employment which prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employees, applicants for employment or interns, as well as contractors, subcontractors, vendors, consultants, other individuals providing services in the workplace or their employees in every location in which the museum has facilities. The Museum is an AAP employer.
The Museum of the City of New York celebrates and interprets the city, educating the public about its distinctive character, especially its heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation. Founded in 1923 as a private…
Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a defined benefit pension plan, and 401K savings plan. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a defined benefit pension plan, and 401K savings plan. Paid time off benefits including holidays…
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to the Museum of the City of New York Attention: Human Resources Department to email@example.com. To be considered, please include IT Technician within the subject line of your email.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to the Museum of the City of New York Attention: Human Resources Department to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, please include IT…