Who You Are: Development Coordinator
You are a talented nonprofit professional or a skilled organizer motivated to join a team charged with organizing donors and meeting ambitious fundraising goals. Driven and committed to social justice, you have creative ideas about how to inspire new donors and audiences to support research analysis as a critical component of movements across a range of social justice sectors. You recognize that we have to respond to this moment of crisis, and plan ahead for what may come, even in the face of great uncertainty. The idea of helping build such a movement is what gets you out of bed in the morning. You are an amazing writer, detail- and goal-oriented, a quick study for new ideas and technology, and thrive on building supportive relationships across diverse communities.
PRA is currently seeking a Development Coordinator to join a growing fundraising team, with particular emphasis on expanding and stewarding our individual donor program, writing and coordinating donor communications and grants, executing donor management systems, prospect research, and supporting the development of the overall fundraising strategy to allow us to meet rising demand for our work and focus on long-term sustainability. Working with the Development Director, this position will be a vital member of a new team.
The Development Coordinator’s key responsibilities include:
- Support and track PRA’s development vision, working alongside the Development Director to execute, maintain, and expand short-term and long-term strategies, benchmarks for progress, and tools needed to implement priorities;
- In coordination with the Development Director, execute a year-round schedule of direct-mail and online annual fund and special appeal campaigns, either for designated or general support initiatives, creating solicitation material, developing target lists, setting fundraising goals, and meeting them;
- Research, solicit, and steward individual donors who recently joined PRA’s base including developing creative events and communications via phone, video, email, and social media engagement;
- Manage the donor acknowledgment and stewardship process in collaboration with key staff in a timely manner;
- In coordination with Development Director, develop and maintain data management systems, including functionality of PRA’s web-based database, donor/prospect portfolio system, gift processing, and establishing workflows and training for staff and volunteers;
- In coordination with key management staff, conduct prospect research and grant proposal and report writing for institutional funders including foundations, corporations, and strategic partners;
- Promote and assist with logistics for all events and other special programming;
- Manage the master calendar for all donor-facing fundraising, marketing, and events communications to ensure timely promotion and avoid inundation for donors;
- Perform research and create bios on donors and prospects as needed; and
- Assist with other projects as requested and mutually agreed upon.
Qualifications: Commitment to the vision and mission of PRA; demonstrated success in fundraising as part of a team; familiarity with social justice movements and social justice-minded audiences; excellent writing and editing skills; demonstrated efficacy managing projects, deadlines, and staff; passion for social justice; critical and creative thinking; strong verbal communication and engagement skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; ability to support and contribute to all areas of the organization’s development program; and willingness to learn new skills.
Salary is competitive, on a social justice nonprofit scale, commensurate with skills and experience. This position requires some travel and occasional evening or weekend commitments. Generous compensation package includes full medical & dental, retirement, fabulous colleagues, and a collaborative working environment. This is a full-time salaried position based in Somerville, Massachusetts. PRA is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references with Development Coordinator in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.