4290 Holly Street
The Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters represents over 50,000 union carpenters in Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado. We are seeking a motivated and hardworking Office Clerk/Department Assistant to join our team in Denver, Colorado. The ideal candidate is curious, creative, and committed to the principles of trade of unionism.
Recent grads and professionals are encouraged to apply. Experience in union and community organizing and political campaigning is preferred but not required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support our mission through a variety of administrative, research, and communications functions
· Manage office systems and provide day-to-day support to local unions
· Support organizing campaigns using traditional and non-traditional research methods
· Write, edit, and curate compelling content for social media channels and email blasts
· Work on special projects/research as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid math and computation skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Familiarity with Collective Bargaining Agreements, or transferrable experience
· Experience using social media and email for advocacy
· Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and complete them in a timely manner with minimal supervision
· Strong computer skills including familiarity with database and word processing software
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Alexis Olbrei, Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org