CCS Summary: Since 1969, Center for Community Solutions (CCS) has been creating safe and healthy communities with a core emphasis on the prevention and intervention of sexual assault and relationship violence. Our mission is to end relationship and sexual violence by being a catalyst for caring communities and social justice. CCS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create an inclusive environment and a diverse workforce from all backgrounds, abilities, and cultures. (Applicants may obtain a copy of CCS’s EEOP upon request.)
Work Location: Family Justice Center-San Diego, CA.
Provide legal assistance as part of the Family Justice Center (FJC) Domestic Violence (DV) Walk-In Restraining Order (RO) clinic. Provide an array of legal services including assistance with DVRO applications, hearing preparation, and associated family law matters. Work in partnership with CCS Legal Advocate to provide holistic and comprehensive legal services tailored to the needs of Central San Diego County residents.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Legal Services
· Screen and counsel IPV victims to determine eligibility for services and appropriate remedies.
· Develop client safety plans and provide appropriate referrals.
· Assist pro per clients with filling out all aspects of RO paperwork.
2. Upholding Program Standards
· Promote the safety and well-being of clients by modeling and encouraging healthy communication, safety- focused decision-making, and acceptance of diversity.
· Meet agency standards in regards to professionalism, safety, and service delivery when interacting with clients, community members, agency staff, and the general public.
3. Community Relations: Foster and maintain positive relationships with service providers, community members, and business partners.
· Educate community members and professionals about IPV, SA, and stalking as well as CCS services.
Work collaboratively with CCS Advocates and Program Managers to meet East County community needs, in accordance with program goals and objectives.
4. Administrative Responsibilities: Ensure that records and required paperwork are complete and accurate.
· Accurately, thoroughly, and promptly document client services, outreach, training, and other work duties using designated electronic information management system.
Accurately and thoroughly document contact with clients and callers in a timely manner through Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), the agency database program for client services
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Flexible Spending, LTD, Paid Time Off, 13 Holidays, Floating Holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English Spanish
Essential Job Requirements:
Juris Doctorate degree.
California licensed attorney or currently awaiting California State bar exam results.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English (written and oral).
Following the successful completion of CCS’ California State-approved Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Training, complete a minimum of 12 hours of ongoing training per year as required by CalOES for staff that provides direct client services.
Minimum Education Required