245 Bent Street
Community Charter School of Cambridge (CCSC) is a public charter school that serves students in grades 6-12. Focusing on post-secondary success for all students, CCSC combines high academic and behavioral standards with an environment of unconditional affection, acceptance, and belonging in which all students can thrive. CCSC seeks dedicated, outstanding, and innovative staff interested in joining our exceptionally diverse and talented team (50% faculty of color, 57% administrators of color for the 2018-2019 school year). The school’s commitment to diversity and social justice is reflected in our internally developed curricula, daily practices, and school-wide policies. Professional development is team-based and includes an extensive focus on race and equity. CCSC has been consistently honored during its first thirteen years and recently received the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s highest ranking among middle/high schools in the greater Boston area. CCSC has received an official state commendation and was runner-up for the prestigious Pozen Prize for Charter Schools.
CCSC seeks an enthusiastic individual that can multi-task and thrive in a very busy and highly visible front desk position. This is a 12-month position, with time off during all school vacations as well as 3 weeks’ summer vacation (over seven total weeks of vacation annually). In addition, the person will be required to fulfill other regular duties and commitments required of CCSC faculty and staff. This position starts immediately.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet students and parents and guardians, checking every visitor in to the log and informing appropriate school personnel
- Answer a multi line telephone and transfer calls to relevant personnel, taking messages as necessary
- Check and track daily attendance and speak to parents with attendance questions and concerns.
- Monitor internal surveillance cameras, elevate concerns as necessary to administrators, and operate door systems
- Collect various payments and forms,
- Handle school’s mailing needs
- Assist various school administrators with clerical tasks, as assigned, including the management of testing materials, graduation preparation, and translation projects.
- Contribute to a positive school culture and the overall success of our students by engaging consistently with CCSC’s code of conduct and culture norms.
- General computer competence and skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Dual language proficiencies preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capacity to learn how to operate PowerSchool and other school-specific data systems
- Experience working in a school environment and/or with youth directly is preferred
- Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues, work independently, and juggle daily tasks with projects that have short- and long-term deadlines.
The position includes over seven weeks of vacation annually, includes a generous benefits package, and more.
Minimum Education Required