Financial Counselor & Educator
Save First Financial Wellness
Full-time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week)
Reports to: Assistant Director Financial Education
Through the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals, and to support their physical and social well-being. Catholic Charities is the official domestic relief agency of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
SAVE FIRST OVERVIEW:
Save First Financial Wellness, a service of Catholic Charities, supports financial empowerment for individuals and families through a continuum of services. Save First is a well-regarded, innovative and rapidly growing leader within the financial empowerment and asset building field with a mission to partner with the most vulnerable to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
Are you looking for challenging, meaningful work where mission and people matter? Are you looking to be an integral part of an exceptional team with unlimited opportunity to learn and grow? If you answered yes, then please apply below. We'd love to meet you!
POSITION DESCRIPTION & SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
We are looking for an innovative person who enjoys a fast-paced environment to assist in the one on one financial coaching, financial education workshops, and housing counseling, with the following qualities and interests:
- A dynamic, creative educator who is expert in financial education and personal one-on-one financial counseling
- Strong leadership skills, knowing when to ask for help and when to delegate
- Can take initiative, resolve problems, have strong follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Passion to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Point person for Spanish speaking clients, classes, and outreach. Coordinate financial education classes and serve as financial educator for contractual partners, recently arrived refugees, immigrants, one-time special topic workshops and other workshops as the need arises (included but not limited to weekday, weekend, and some evening classes as needed).
- Provide personal one-on-one financial counseling (including counseling both in person and by phone/online) services to clients in both Spanish and English.
- Support Assistant Director of Financial Education with financial education initiatives, outreach, and reports.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Salesforce database.
- Aid with curriculum development and implementation as needed.
- Assist Coaching Coordinator with coach trainings and support.
- Provide guidance to volunteer financial coaches in areas such as understanding credit and other high need areas.
- Documentation management and outcome analysis for periodic reports (i.e. survey and client assessments) for presentations to stakeholders within the agency and for community partners.
- Participate in trainings, outreach and tabling events, and other events as requested by supervisor.
- Assist Save First management team with maintaining and building partnerships, take part in strategy meetings and decision making related to coaching/counseling, and education.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, finance, or business or equivalent lived and or worked experience required.
- 3-5 years' experience working with/educating low to moderate income people and high need client populations required.
- Understand through personal use the necessity of utilizing a personal monthly budget, tracking method, and emergency fund plan.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Desire to work closely and in partnership with management team. Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in Salesforce, InDesign, WordPress, other CMS platforms, and ability to effectively work with standard Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- HUD Housing counselling, FHAC Connection, and 9902 experience preferred.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Demonstrated judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Ability to work well both in a team and on an individual level; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Travel in Portland Metro area required. Must have driver's license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from criminal, civil and/or motor vehicle background check required.
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER