Details: Competitive salary
Seneca seamlessly interweaves special education services with rich therapeutic and behavioral supports. It is our goal to provide an enriching and successful environment where students' strengths are celebrated and their needs addressed with a variety of targeted interventions.
The School Psychologist collaborates with charter school students, families, community partners and the school team to remove student barriers to learning and build safe and healthy environments for academic success.
Seneca is committed to hiring and maintaining a culturally, ethnically and linguistically diverse workforce that is reflective of the local client/student community.
- Conduct individual and group evaluations and diagnoses of learning, behavior and/or adjustment problems of children and youth at assigned schools
- Provide guidance and assistance to children with learning, behavior and/or adjustment problems
- Developing appropriate individual and/or group programs of instruction and treatment of students
- Systematically reassess children with special educational needs as appropriate
- Provide inservice training in learning, child development and child management to parents, teachers, administrators and other professionals and paraprofessionals
- Provide consultation and advisement to administrators, teachers, and parents regarding the general and special educational programs as appropriate
- Coordinate, communicate and seek consultation with community agencies as appropriate
- Valid California Pupil Personnel Services credential with advanced specialization in School Psychology.
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations; general education curriculum; response to intervention principles; disabilities and appropriate curriculum; behavior management systems
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team
- Valid California driver's license, insurability through Seneca's automobile policy
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- We provide a 403(b) retirement plan
- 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
Employment opportunities are, and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes and abilities. It is the policy of Seneca Family of Agencies to grant equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, disability, Vietnam Era Veteran status, age, religion, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation. Seneca is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We welcome candidates that will promote and value diversity and exercise teamwork and collaboration.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly via our website.