Details: Salary based upon experience.
3300 Ponce de Leon Blvd
The COPD Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is a team of mission driven, excellence-minded professionals who focus on achieving the organization’s mission, which is to undertake initiatives that result in expanded services for COPD and to improve the lives of individuals affected by COPD. The Foundation’s activities focus on achieving these results through research, education and advocacy programs that will lead to prevention and a cure for this disease.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the integrity of day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, and the effective use of financial resources of the Foundation.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and fiscal year end budget process
• Provide monthly financial reporting to all program managers for their program tracking utilization
• Process Accounts Payable invoices and credit card transactions
• Review and post daily accounting entries as required
• Review Accounts Payable and Receivables Aging Reports with Director of Operational Finance
• Prepare accounts receivable invoices upon request
• Review and prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
• Assist with payroll allocations, entries and reconciliation
• Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliation, including variance analysis
• Maintain program reconciliation schedules
• Assists with preparation of all grant budgets and proposals
• Participate in the monthly close process
• Compare actual revenue and expenses against approved fiscal year budget and analyze discrepancies
• Assist in the fiscal year end close process to prepare for the annual audit
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
• 3 - 5 years working in the accounting field
• Nonprofit accounting experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (Fluent English required)
• Full-Time, Exempt Position
• Reports to Director of Operational Finance
• Location: Miami, FL
The COPD Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The COPD Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The COPD Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of COPD Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Salary based upon experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English required
Minimum Education Required